03 Cobra Questions

VNOMSSS

VNOMSSS
Established Member
I am looking into getting a pulley for my car, what is the best size i could run? Ive been told 2.76 would work fine, is that the case? I also was told that if i had that size i should look into getting an heat exchanger being that size pulley would really heat things up under the hood. With all that being said what size lower pulley would be best recommended as well. THANKS A LOT!

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Billetflows 2.76 is fine. I personally wouldnt run a lower until you blower is ported and you won't need a H/E for just an upper. if you are looking for one then go to Lightning force performance you can a stecil if youd like too. Last thing, the "search" function is your friend.

VNOMSSS

VNOMSSS
Established Member
What if i were to install a new idler, would the H/E be ideal then? I was just told that if you take the car over 100 with that size pulley you have a chance at melting some bolts

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
What if i were to install a new idler, would the H/E be ideal then? I was just told that if you take the car over 100 with that size pulley you have a chance at melting some bolts

its pistons and that happens mostly during the 5th gear 160mhp pull.

youll need to tune your car for that much boost too.

The idler is to keep the belt from slipping.

anything you do to cool these engines down is a good idea. There are guys running stock H/E with 2.76 uppers without a problem.

SpectorV

Established Member
I have heard a 2.93 is fine and a 2.76 isnt that much over a 2.93 and you can get some belt slip with a 2.76... any input on this?

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
I just ordered BF 2.93 with Idler pulley yesterday. I had a hard time at first deciding between the 2.76 and 2.93 but decided I would rather be on the conservative side. Besides just with a JLT CAI and a tune on stock boost, pretty happy with the power, the 2.93 will be icing on the cake.

MustangThief

Established Member
I have a UPR 2.8 and without cats on my X-pipe I see 12lbs of boost.

GET A H/E.

Why risk it? It's cheap, looks great, and makes your engine run COOLER. What do you have to lose? Besides your engine if you play with fire :p

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
I have a UPR 2.8 and without cats on my X-pipe I see 12lbs of boost.

GET A H/E.

Why risk it? It's cheap, looks great, and makes your engine run COOLER. What do you have to lose? Besides your engine if you play with fire :p
i wouldn't go as far to say it makes the engine run cooler.. now saying it keeps the blower collant a lil cooler than a stock H/E is a lil more like it.. pound for pound the engine coolant is still gonna run temeratures that are bassically the same. I love my H/E no probs with the one i bought.. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread