03 cobra remote and key problem.

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Long story, but ill try to make it short. I took off to Houston for a 3 day get away. Before I took off I decided to hide the keys to my cobra.(both sets) I tossed them in a bin where I thought no one would look. Well when My mother inlaw came in to feed the dog, she decided to clean up some stuff that didnt need to cleaned.:shrug: I think she put the bin with some trash, Im thinking they got tossed.

Well I had to tell that story to tell u this story. When I bought my car it came with 3 keys and two remotes. Still having the 3rd key, I bought another remote. I opened the car and the alarm went off. I used the programing method for the remote. It turned the alarm off. It works fine, lock, unlock, trunk, and panic. When I put the spare key in the theft light comes on. And it wont start.

So here are my questions.

1. How many keys can be programed to the car at one time?

2. Is there any way to reprogram the key?

3. The car does have a button or switch on the kick panel, and a led on the dash. Maybe the previous owner put that on.
If he did how was that programed into the remote?

I looking for any help on this thing. I hate to have to get a flat bed, and go to a dealer to get a$$ raped only to find out they cant help.

If any one from texas is checking this out, the 1 owner before me was the President of the North Texas SVT club. Or some thing like that. Maybe someone may know this car.

mi_l123

JDM = Just Dust ME
Established Member
1. i think there is an unlimited amount of keys that can be programmed, i myself have 3.
2. There is no way for you to program it yourself, unless you have a ford computer.
3. don't know, sorry

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Has any one ever tried to reset the main transponder key. I read where you can put a new key in and when the theft light comes on you leave it for 15 minutes and repeat that 2 more times and it resets a master transponder key. Thats the short, there are afew more steps.

Think I may try this in the morning before I call the lock smith. He said he could do it for 80.00. thats coming to my house, so no flat bed need.

Users who are viewing this thread