03 Cobra running rich

Why Try

Established Member
I used the search and still no luck. AF is around 9.9-10.2@ WOT. Car runs and idles fine but WOT is the only time it seems to be off. It also would not start 2 times in the past month. First time I just left it and tried a couple hours later and it fired right up. Second time I replaced the fuel rail sensor and it still would not start. Checked codes and P1233 was pending on scanner but no check engine light. Fuel pump driver offline was the code. Cleared the code and it started up but still rich at WOT. I thought about an O2 but nothing came up on scanner and my thought was they have no effect at WOT. When I change my odometer to fuel what should it say? It reads 190 at idle and haven't look at it while WOT. What do you all think? Thanks in advance.

Stuff I have tried:
New Plugs had IT24 nowe TR6
New FRPS
Checked for vac leaks

Mods that may effect it:
2.8H
boost a pump
PPRV delete

bigmoose

Established Member
It could be your FPDM. I had issues with a stock one being driven by a BAP. I had starting issues but also cruising issues as well. If you are running the BAP pre FPDM you should be using a modified FPDM. Google black306.

Why Try

Established Member
Update:

Car still is just turning over with no fuel pressure on rail. At the plug on back of tank the brown/pink wire has 9 volts and black/red is showing .17. FPDM shows the same and Green/yellow has 16.6. Inertia switch has 12V on white when not plugged in and 0 when plugged in. When I give the brown/pink & black/red 12v at the tank the pumps do come on but never when plugged in the car. p1233 still is a code in the computer and it won't clear. Any ideas?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be curious as to how the bap is wired together. OP, did you install it or was it on the car when you bought it?

Why Try

Established Member
Had a local shop put it on. Looks like it is powered from battery and its relay is good. It is supplying 16v to FPDM. Is there a way to check the boost-a-pump and could it make a problem like this? Car has been the same for the last 3 years with no issues. BAP is about 7 years old.

I also tried a FPDM from a parts car and a new one from advance with no luck.

cj428mach

Established Member
The BAP would have no effect on running rich. If its rich at WOT and it wasn't before I'd look for a boost leak.

leegro1015

Established Member
This may be dumb. But did you check your Inertia Switch to see if it was activated? I had mine activate when something in my truck smacked the drivers side trunk panel and set it off.

Users who are viewing this thread