'03 Cobra smacks down an '02/'03 M3

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Not flaming M3's...love and respect the M3 but I had to put a smack down...

An old classmate of mine from Arizona came into town Thurs. night to attend a wedding. He mentioned that he had just purchased a 2003 M3, but he didn't mention that he drove it down to LA from Phoenix. Didn't realize he had drove it down here 'till I met him near Venice after work today.

Beautiful dark shadow grey (don't know what bimmer calls their DSG). Told him I wanted to run him after we grabbed some food. There was nowhere to run in the area near Venice. We were near Washington and Pacific and he was just ended following me up and down Pacific with some spirited driving, but not racing (but definately pissing off the residence...Bassani too loud)

Still following me near Marina Del Rey/Admirality way, a silver '02/'03 M3 happens to pull up in front of me. I follow him as he weaved in and out of cars (pretty slowly b/c of traffic) to get into an empty lane on a three lane street.

I'm right on his bumper. My buddy is directly behind me. Light turns green...silver M3 launches hard. I could see him glancing at me in his rear view. I launch with him, clear traffic, noone is in front of us. I switch lanes to his left, still in 1st, pulling hard and almost even with him until I hit the rev limiter and slip 3/4 cars back...2nd to 3rd to middle of 4th...I pulled him a 11/2 cars until he let off...we were approaching 100+. I slowed down and waited...he slowed down and immediately made a U-Turn...My buddy was in awe.

My friend and I switched cars...never driven an M3. He had to show me how SMG worked...kinda weird getting use to, but an ingenious invention. Impressive car, smooth as silk, interior was beautiful, aluminum accents, and the Nav was cool. All in all, I would buy an M3 but not trade it for my Snake. Two different beasts...one is an exercise in balance and the other evokes visceral reactions.

Sorry this was lengthy.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Good kill on the ubermobile.

03DOHC, where are you from in the bay area? I lived in SF from '97 to '01...going to school. I miss the city...it had great character.

SoCalSnake

Established Member
03DOHC,

Lived in SF...was going to UOP dental school in Pacific Heights. Beautiful area, but damn expensive...especially when your on a student budget.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by SoCalSnake
03DOHC,

Lived in SF...was going to UOP dental school in Pacific Heights. Beautiful area, but damn expensive...especially when your on a student budget.
It's even more expensive now.:(

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
I run one at Carlsbad yesterday and lost because my BAP from the KB blew a fuse, He got the hole shot on me but I was catching fast when this happen so my trap speed was something like 49mph and 19ET. Bad day for me at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread