03 Cobra struts lost pressure after alignment

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Hey guys took my car to sears to get it aligned 3 days ago and car sat at a perfect stands before it was aligned. After alignment car drove perfect and took my baby home. 2 days after I noticed the right front and the right rear strut lost their pressure. Car seem tilted to right side, measured the wheels from fenders and it's 1inch diffrence from left side to right side both front and back. WTF what could of happened did the strut actually loose pressure? Any suggestions guys??? Don't want to see my baby like this:nonono::??:

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
define lost pressure? Like the seals went out? Does it bounce like a ricer honda when you bounce it?

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
so what ended up being the problem?

Would you believe I still don't know. The car's right front and right rear is lowered about 2" as well as the right rear. The left side is raised around 3.5" I hate the F**king look. It looks like you are carring a front and a rear passenger. The springs look good as well as the isolators. I am thinking of swaping the springs and iso's around see what the car does.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
define lost pressure? Like the seals went out? Does it bounce like a ricer honda when you bounce it?

It does not bounce at all!! It's just droped from the right front and right rear. It's either the Iso's or the springs cause after the alignment the car started with this sh*t. I talked to the guys from Sears which I took the car for alignment and they assured me that it's a spring but have you ever heard a spring losing tension ? Yes he asked me the same question does the car bounce alot? I said not at all then he said "It's the spring WTF:dw: both at the same time :??: I want to address this problem ASAP my car looks horrible.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Springs set ride height......

I thought of that all night and came to the conclusion that yes it might be the right front spring. I thought of the thread "how to cut your springs" and just by cutting a 1/2 turn on the coil can lower you car around 1" Gonna start with the Iso's then change the springs. Not really convinced though that a spring can loose tension like that from night to day. I have seen them break but not weaken.

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Yup and they rarely if NEVER loose tension.

I'd take it somewhere else for a second opinion if you can't crawl under there and check out the car.

But what else could it be? If not the spring or the strut then what:??: The kmember is straight and sitting outright. Nothing else comes to mind but the Iso's. Gonna take it back to sears right now see what they tell me. That's why I took it to sears in the first place for the 6 month warranty they give.:banana: This is gonna be the 3rd time I take it for alignment under warranty.:beer:

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
Just got home from sears and we also found a busted control arm bushing nothing to do with the height of the car but has an effect with alignment. Gonna change the shock as soon as I find a good pair here on SVTP...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Shocks will not effect the ride height at all.

Either the spring isn't seated right or something is bent but a shock will not change the height of the car.

svt2712

Established Member
Just got home from sears and we also found a busted control arm bushing nothing to do with the height of the car but has an effect with alignment. Gonna change the shock as soon as I find a good pair here on SVTP...

Wow dude read what the people on this forum are telling you they are smarter then sears plus do you think that sears is going to tell they messed up? they should have found that busted control arm bushing to begin with. you would have felt a busted or loose bushing. it is a spring issue.:bash::poke:

CobradaCableGuy

Established Member
I just Love the people here in SVTP they have helped me thru alot. Have learned shit loads by just reading the threads THANKS ALOT GUYS !!!

zankylen

Established Member
what was the problem?
My car is doing the same thing in the right front.
I have changed out 3 springs in that location and still the the right fender sits on the front tire. Right side sits just fine.
Front tires are Bfg KDw 245/35/18
Dont know the brand of springs, but there blue and all sides sit fine except the driver front
I have replaced that spring with two other stock coupe springs that i cut according to the "how to cut springs" to the same exact height and still the car sits on the fender.

I know you guys say that the struts/shocks dont effect ride height, but I have notice that after i changed the springs out, immeaditly after i set the car on the ground the height of the car is just right until I move the car. Then the car goes back to its sad limp!
another thing noticed is that i can compress the strut/shock with my non superhuman strength.

Goodlife

Established Member
If you have removed front swaybar or rear that will also vehicle stance.
My cobra had a leaning issue due to front sway bar being removed.

Users who are viewing this thread