03 Cobra Studies My Tailights

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
This is a funny story. I love 03 Cobras, and i have never ran one, my freind at work just got an 04, they are amazing cars. So i am in my slowt1 turning out of my work, and an 03 goes by me and revs, i was like awsome, so i turn and get behind him, i sit behind him in traffic for about 10 mins, everytime we went to go inch up in traffic he revs it up, drops it and peels the tires then slams on the brakes. I was shaking my head :nonono: Why on earth would you abuse a sweet car like that??? So then we pull out onto another road and he is in front of me, and he has a truck infront of him. He nails it and changes lanes and keeps going, so i nail it too, to my suprise i am right on his ass. I am like wow, this guy sucks. So we line up at a red light and the guy is reving up, i just look over and smile, i get one hell of a launch, and take him by two carlenghts to 70 where i let off for traffic. Then i slowed down and he flew by me, then had to slam on his brakes for traffic. I thought for sure he was going to rear end the car infront of him. We finally caught back up to each other and he woudlnt look over. How sweet it is for a old ass LT1 car to hand a road monster its ass. :idea: Maybe he should get a clue and learn how to drive before his next outing

Now before you guys jump the gun and post some bs.
1.) I did not post this for it to turn into a flame war.
2.) I realize my car is hella slow and a properly driven 03/04 will hand me my ass.
3.) Dont bother posting some usless banter about how if i raced you it would have been a different outcome.
:beer:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Serves his a$$ right. Just cause ya got a hoss don't mean you can ride. Unfortunately, I saw a fake Cobra recently but I was in my truck and couldn't mess with him. It was a post '99 GT that someone put the SVT emblem and snakes on the fenders. It's irritating when they get thumped by something that thinks they beat a Cobra. Mind you I've been beaten, it just took very fast cars to do it.

MadHandle8169

Established Member
Good Kill! Maybe that will teach him to learn how to drive his car before he loses to the mid 90s sports/musclecars like a 5.0 or a LT1! :rockon:

Nice Z28 by the way!

joegt38

Established Member
Nice kill.

People get over the BS its a v6 or a GT, thats crap. Its a great kill end of storie.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Originally posted by Camaroguy22
3.) Dont bother posting some usless banter about how if i raced you it would have been a different outcome.
:beer:
Well...I don't wanna' brag or anything...;-)
:lol:
S.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I agree it's a great kill, I reckon the b!tch about the rebadged GT didn't go here and an idiot with no skills in a Cobra will get and deserves to get beat. The fool needs to learn how to drive that car. Again, nice kill. Of course, a little modification could turn that Z into a real sleeper/snake killer. Well, maybe more than a little.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Good Kill:beer: Some people just dont need to own a Cobra. They make us look BAD.

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
StngStr - I guess luck was all it took:)

ZEM'S04 L - Thats true, but that seems to be alot of work, it had svt badging, cobra bumper, snakes on the side, cobra grill. Isn't the hood different aswell? I thought the GT's had that sort of Ram Air looking hood scoop, and the cobra's dont. And the rims are different if i am not mistaken. If thats true, then for all that cosmetic money i would have just bought a cobra with a heck of alot more go lol.

CharlieCobra03 - There seems to be alot of people doing fake SS's for the chevrolet side of it. Not that that matters a ton, the performance gap is a lot different between an 03 GT and an 03 Cobra, versus a Z28 and an SS 4th Gen.

MadHandle8169 - Thanks, i was expecting to get raped for all the show he was putting on.

joegt38 - Thanks :beer:

Snorman - Yeah yeah yeah haha

CharlieCobra03 - Thanks, but it would def take some work on my part to make my car a quick sleeper, there are far to many heads/cam LS1's, and pullied chipped cobras running around these parts.

RAZRS EDGE - I agree, but hey atleast the car looked nice haha.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I figured I would have to post this one up.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
I say great kill. The best kills are the ones that you're not SUPPOSED to win. You weren't, you did, cudos.

You took out someone who was a jerk and should have won, but didn't because of a combination of your better driving skills and his lack of same.

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
believe it or not i was looking on anothe forum yesterday and found a guy with a 2000 GT boasting on the forum that he just got his car back from the shop....

he had the cobra front bumper put on and painted...had his side mirrors painted (only the cobras have side painted mirrors) and he had the cobra rear bumper put on. but he left the GT badging and the GT hood????? WHY!!! so ur pretty much announcing to ppl that u have a GT/Cobra hybrid!! lol waste of money.

PS...over the summer i took my fathers M3 to the car wash and when the guyz were pulling the cars out and wiping them down...a 330i was pulled up next to my M3 with an M3 badge on the side and on the rear!!!! I saw the guy staring at me and my M3 and he wouldnt walk over to his car before i left. ...lol do people like this really think they are fooling anyone?

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
It's for the chicks man. Most chicks don't know the difference but then again, most chicks don't care. My daughters rag on wanna be cars cause they know the diff. Me, I just laugh at them. Do you guys remember the Fiero based Ferrari kits? Jeez, what a waste of money and time.

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by 04TRCobra
believe it or not i was looking on anothe forum yesterday and found a guy with a 2000 GT boasting on the forum that he just got his car back from the shop....

he had the cobra front bumper put on and painted...had his side mirrors painted (only the cobras have side painted mirrors) and he had the cobra rear bumper put on. but he left the GT badging and the GT hood????? WHY!!! so ur pretty much announcing to ppl that u have a GT/Cobra hybrid!! lol waste of money.

PS...over the summer i took my fathers M3 to the car wash and when the guyz were pulling the cars out and wiping them down...a 330i was pulled up next to my M3 with an M3 badge on the side and on the rear!!!! I saw the guy staring at me and my M3 and he wouldnt walk over to his car before i left. ...lol do people like this really think they are fooling anyone?

Some people would rather go for looks other than performance. With the GT, I see alot of people doing the front bumper on, dont really see a problem there(one guy is pushing 400hp 02GT).
The rear bumper though, I think that is lame, it does say Cobra. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread