03 Cobra Swap

Falcon20

Established Member
Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody on here has done a 03-04 Cobra engine and transmission swap into a foxbody.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
Its been done, their are few write up's over on modular ford.

Novice

Established Member
So awesome but expensive. I came across a dude selling the whole 2003 engine and drive train kit for foxbody's Mustang. The kit came with everything needed; fuel pump to GASPEDAL...ALL WIRE harness to drive shaft.... for a whopping $10,499 + Freight
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ala4LsF5LR4"]YouTube- Fox body with 03 cobra motor[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12kyCSqEGA"]YouTube- 2004 Cobra engine in Foxbody[/ame]

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
:rockon: Thats my old beater, no joke. :lol:

It was a horribly faded 2.3 with an even more faded blue interior. I sold it for $900, and last I heard, he was selling it for like 20K.

Is that finished, or what is done in the video?

SVTwhore

Established Member
I wish that I would have tracked down a totalled doner car at this point. The cash I have thrown at my upgrades I could have done this swap by now. Eh, I guess you live and learn.

skeeterd75

Established Member
My car needs the lights and the doors wired up and the outside painted. The engine bay was painted sonic blue. It has the 03 dash in it and seats. I can get some pics if you want. I wasnt trying to sell it but I dont really have the extra time to finish it.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Are these cheaper to swap than to build a pushrod or something? How much does it cost and how much HP are you ending up with when your done? And why no more pushrods?

I seriously dont get this craze. Maybe I am missing something. I wish someone would build a nice clean 351 based 93 cobra but nowadays I doubt that will happen. Carry on..

Rickety

Established Member
Dunno bout cheaper....My reasoning was because I worked for Livernois Motorsports...I was around Modular Engines all day...I like the fact that most of the internal parts that were used are "production" parts(03 Cobra)..

My coupe currently has a Auto Mach 1 Engine with a Terminator Blower swap...Prolly $2k with the Engine/Blower/Trans set-up...I bought everything used....Best I have gotten so far is a 11.49@ 121....Not setting the world on fire, but it's a fun car on the street....Mash the pedal, it downshifts...Leaves 2 black marks fer 10 feet....

The Mod stuff isn't too bad on the wallet nowdays...I just bought a new forged crank from the GT500's...FRPP sells em, $300 and it's good to well over 1k hp.....Dunno if I can grab a new 302/351 forged crank for that..US made...

Are these cheaper to swap than to build a pushrod or something? How much does it cost and how much HP are you ending up with when your done? And why no more pushrods?

I seriously dont get this craze. Maybe I am missing something. I wish someone would build a nice clean 351 based 93 cobra but nowadays I doubt that will happen. Carry on..

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
nah thats not bad at all. never looked at mod parts before, but next time im bored ill check them out. thanks for your response.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member

I was about 5 min from installing a 427 small block in one of my 93 Cobras. It was a high mile car anyway. I still hope to do this one day. Love the sound of a cammed pushrod and always loved the Cobra 427!:beer:
As for the Foxmod, I like the idea of mixing the bloodlines so to speak. The modulars run smoother, can take a ton of power, are unique and still get great milage. There're also way more options on twin screws for a modular than a pushrod,...main reason people love the blown modulars. Tons of low end torque for daily driving. Downside to is the weight and cost. :beer:

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra Powered 89 Coupe upgrading to a Whipple next month

000_0001_00.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

000_0002-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread