03 cobra to 2011 5.0... NEED ADVICE PLEASE.

please vote.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svt1111

Established Member
I'm just bored with it, I go through a lot of cars, had it for 6 months so thats about average for me..

I'm not actively trying to sell, just been thinking about it and the best time to sell a car is when someone is looking.

I get bored too. That was a reason I went with the centri, as I knew it would be a little more of a challenge to go as fast as a Roush set-up at pump gas boost levels. Keeps me thinking of different combos and such, and wanting to try them. When you do a Roush, it's instant 10's ( which is awesome BTW), then what? That's plenty stout for a street car.

When I had my GT500, it was instant 700 rwhp with 3 mods, never thought it was possible but I started to get bored because it was too easy! I know that sounds insane, but part of the fun of being a car guy is trying different set ups and for that matter, different cars.

Last edited:

kevinp

Established Member
I get bored too. That was a reason I went with the centri, as I knew it would be a little more of a challenge to go as fast as a Roush set-up at pump gas boost levels. Keeps me thinking of different combos and such, and wanting to try them. When you do a Roush, it's instant 10's ( which is awesome BTW), then what? That's plenty stout for a street car.

When I had my GT500, it was instant 700 rwhp with 3 mods, never thought it was possible but I started to get bored because it was too easy! I know that sounds insane, but part of the fun of being a car guy is trying different set ups and for that matter, different cars.

There is plenty I can do to it, just dont want to do the roll bar/cage and make a race car out of it. But for sure there is the 'well now what' factor after running solid 10s first time out, it is more than enough for a street car. Once fall comes I'll be more interested in it again, too hot to do anything to it right now..

In less than a year I went through a 2010 GT500, 2011 M3 and now this 2011 GT and honestly out of the three I like the GT with the TVS the most.

5.0jake

Established Member
I'm just bored with it, I go through a lot of cars, had it for 6 months so thats about average for me..

I'm not actively trying to sell, just been thinking about it and the best time to sell a car is when someone is looking.

I hear you. I get bored easy as well and get a new car around every 2 years. :bored:

MLMike25

Established Member
A few weeks ago, I traded in my 04 Mystichrome Cobra for a 2012 GT w/Brembo. I did it b/c I've been wanting something different for a while now, my 04 went over 100K, and I didn't want to dump any $ into a car that I didn't want to keep much longer. I just wasn't "in love" with it any more. I wanted something with more creature comforts. The 2012 definitely has that.

You have to decide what YOU really want. I wanted creature comforts. The 5.0 definitely delivers there and it can go when you want (and is easy to mod). I was surprisingly impressed on my first 5.0 test drive. If you don't care about that, then stick with a Terminator. IMO, I prefer the looks and the relative exclusivity of Terminators. I'll prolly pick one up again in the future if/when they dip under the 10K mark.

Good luck with your choice. But figure out if you want bells/whistles or raw power. That will tell you which car to get.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
A few weeks ago, I traded in my 04 Mystichrome Cobra for a 2012 GT w/Brembo. I did it b/c I've been wanting something different for a while now, my 04 went over 100K, and I didn't want to dump any $ into a car that I didn't want to keep much longer. I just wasn't "in love" with it any more. I wanted something with more creature comforts. The 2012 definitely has that.

You have to decide what YOU really want. I wanted creature comforts. The 5.0 definitely delivers there and it can go when you want (and is easy to mod). I was surprisingly impressed on my first 5.0 test drive. If you don't care about that, then stick with a Terminator. IMO, I prefer the looks and the relative exclusivity of Terminators. I'll prolly pick one up again in the future if/when they dip under the 10K mark.

Good luck with your choice. But figure out if you want bells/whistles or raw power. That will tell you which car to get.

AGREED! I loved my terminator. I'm looking to come back to the mustang world, but when I do, it'll probably be to a 5.0. The cars are super impressive and getting more impressive the more I read about them.

rexisme

Established Member
If its a DD get a new 5.0.. .if its a toy, get another cobra... I wish I could go back.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
03-04 cobra, new GT's are dime a dozen, thats my thoughts.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
thanks guys for all your impute. Most likely will be getting a 5.0
Probably go with base model to save weight's I heard that the premium ones comes with 2 subs and extra amp.... I don't like that extra weight. =}

cmsnake

Established Member
Probably go with base model to save weight's I heard that the premium ones comes with 2 subs and extra amp.... I don't like that extra weight. =}
You can get a premium with out the extra subs and amp. As a matter of fact, most premiums dont have this. You'd have to find one with the shaker 1000 stereo to get all that extra weight and out of all the 2011's I looked at, maybe 10% of them had it if that. IMO the premium is worth it over a base- leather, ambient lighting, much nicer gauges, upgraded steering wheel.

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well if you want to put the car back to stock before you sell it let me know as I would be interested in your blower. Sorry for the hi jack.

There is plenty I can do to it, just dont want to do the roll bar/cage and make a race car out of it. But for sure there is the 'well now what' factor after running solid 10s first time out, it is more than enough for a street car. Once fall comes I'll be more interested in it again, too hot to do anything to it right now..

In less than a year I went through a 2010 GT500, 2011 M3 and now this 2011 GT and honestly out of the three I like the GT with the TVS the most.

ViciousJay

Established Member

i have a premium with the shaker 500 and i dont see an subs in mine

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The shaker 500 has 2 subs. One in each door on the bottom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

trendkilllx

Established Member
I would miss the low rpm torque going from the 03 to the 2011 unless you get a blower for the 2011, but then you are out about 35-40k without a warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread