'03 Cobra versus 1st Generation Nissan 240SX

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I stopped for some gas on my way to the airport this morning and as I was pumping this ratty looking Nissan 240SX pulled in. Bondo, primer, big exhaust pipe, etc. The only thing missing was the Fast and Furious two-foot tall wing on the back. I went inside and got a drink and when I came out, he started up and pulled out. I got behind him as he turned right onto a six lane highway. I could hear his blowoff valve as he shifted and as luck would have it, we pulled up to a stoplight side by side. He started spooling up his turbo and when the light turned green, we both nailed it. First hooked up, but I started wheel hopping in second so I backed off slightly. Shifted to third and he was about 4 cars back. Shifted to fourth and he was about 10 cars back. Shut 'er down at about 100-110. He pulled alongside after he caught up and downshifted so I knew he hadn't had enough. I could hear his blowoff valve again so I know he was trying to brake boost. I shifted to third at about 60 and punched it...same results as previously described. When I let off and he flew past, there was smoke coming out from underneath his car, which I assume was his brakes that were about to catch fire. We got beside each other again and he was making a spinning motion with his hand, which I am guessing was an attempt to blame his poor performance on turbo lag. He eventually turned off and I enjoyed the rest of my drive to the airport. My mods are Steg Stage 7 ported blower, 2.76" upper, and 4lb. lower. 493/506.

mnewxcv

Established Member
thing with those is, you can gut them without much effort and get them to 2500lbs. with a turbo engine they can go pretty good. However most of them are beat to shit now regardless.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
thing with those is, you can gut them without much effort and get them to 2500lbs. with a turbo engine they can go pretty good. However most of them are beat to shit now regardless.

Yeah, a good power to weight ratio can be a bitch to deal with.

Voltwings

Established Member

This. Impossible to find a nice one since everyone wants to be a drifter now. The Sr20 motor is no slouch, but ... its pretty sad in stock form though.

evolve

Established Member
Nice kill. I got a surprise once when I owned my evo. Ran into one making ~450hp and beat me like I stole something lol.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill OP. I ran into one of those turbo'd nissans when I had my mach. Short race that would have been close if it hadn't been for traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread