'03 Cobra Vert vs. '09 GT500

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Beautiful day today...finished up at work and put the top down for the cruise home. Right after I got off base I saw a black with red stripes GT500 merging onto the highway that I was on. I sped up a little to meet him at the end of the on ramp. As I went by, I shot him a rev. I got about two hundred yards ahead and for a second it seemed like he wasn't going to bite. Then I saw him punch it in my rearview. I downshifted to third at about 70-75 and punched it just as he came screaming by. There was no stopping that freight train as it went past. We slowed down and stayed together until traffic cleared. I pulled up alongside and asked him what year it was...2009. We slowed to about 60 and I heard him downshift. I dropped back down to 3rd and nodded. He didn't honk so I nodded again and punched it. I got the hit, but he instantly ate that up. We took it up to about 120 before we hit traffic and he was 2-3 cars ahead and making slow, but steady progress. When we slowed back down I asked him what size pulley he had...stock. I know they are heavy, but I expected to get raped worse than what I did. I think if I wasn't stockish, i.e. if I had a pulley/tune things would have been much closer...we'll see in a week or so. Beautiful car and it was a fun way to burn some $3.30 a gallon hydrocarbons on the way home!:beer:

LSWon00

ATC ZTL
Established Member
Well GT500 in magazines were only trapping 112-115 stock to give you an idea. They're not that fast stock. With basic bolt-ons they wake up quick.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Well GT500 in magazines were only trapping 112-115 stock to give you an idea. They're not that fast stock. With basic bolt-ons they wake up quick.

some have trapped as high as 116-117 from what ive seen bone stock, esp a new 2010-2012 with 540-550hp the nice 40-50 hp jump over the 07-09 the newer ones seem to trap 118-125mph bone stock, cant wait to see what a new bone stock 2013 traps? 125-130mph I hope:beer::rockon:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
With a CAI/pulley/tune you should be able to take the wins. I didn't think there were any stock Terminators left, lol.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Lol so it was a stock vs stock race?? Anyways cool to cruise and have a fun run

Stockish vs. Stockish would be a better description. His exhaust definitely wasn't stock and I have a JLT CAI and a Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe, but no tune. I started Christmas leave today so next week the old Heaton is getting swapped out for a Stage V with 2.76" pulley and Accufab Plenum/SBTB combo. Hoping for over 500 at the wheels once I get it tuned.:rockon:

adidasUNT8

Established Member
good times... Watch out for those red stripe editions... They're pretty sneaky sometimes!! :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread