'03 Cobra vs. '00'ish GT

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
As I got on the highway yesterday, I came up behind a New Edge GT with some fat rear tires and a loud exhaust. He must have seen me in his rearview because he punched it. I blasted off and got beside him in the middle lane and heard what I thought was a turbo. When I pulled up next to him, we both hit it, but traffic was way to close to call it a race. A couple miles down the road and traffic cleared and I pulled up on his left doing about 60 in 3rd. He signaled for three so I honked it off. He jumped out by a car from the hit and steadily increased his lead to about 3 cars by the time I was halfway through 4th. He slowed back down, smiled, and shook his head as I came past. I slowed back down and yelled, "pretty quick, what do you have?" He smiled and said, "Procharger." I gave him a thumbs up and cruised home. I hate to get beat, but at least it was another Mustang.:coolman:

clc44

Established Member
Honorable kill! Those things can be nasty, especially with a built motor ant the right blower. Throw a whipple on there and get revenge.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
Props to you for posting a Kill...your kill. Not to many people do that so I have to give you credit! :beer:
I guess people with 03-04 Cobras don't mind doing this because you always have more wins than loses anyway. :lol1:

Nice run though. Can't win them all and just like you said, it was at the hands of another Stang. Just think, it could have been a Honda.

Last edited:

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
The next thought after realizing I was beat was mother****er, why haven't I taken a weekend to throw on the Stage 5 blower, 2.76 upper, Accufab SBTB and plenum, and everything else that's been sitting in my garage for the past six months!

crazycarlo

Established Member
what were your mods at the time of the race? either way thats a good death man. My friend has an 03 GT with an s-trim and built rear and it was pretty quick. Sadly he never got to run any 03 cobras so we always wonder lol.

stangliter04

Established Member
Nice death... My friends owns my old GT... he built the motor and had a 70mm turbo on it and ran 10.1@139. They can be fast! the after market for the 2V has come a long way...

Last edited:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Honorable kill! Those things can be nasty, especially with a built motor ant the right blower. Throw a whipple on there and get revenge.

sounds like the OP has a close to stock corba; im pretty sure a pullied,ported eaton with exhaust Cobra should be able to handle a procharged 2v no?

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
Depends... I've got ALOT done to my car an I have a buddy with a 02 GT with a built motor and a ysi who beats me by atleast 2-3 cars. Havnt raced him since he bumped up to 600whp but now he's going even higher. Never underestimate a 2v lol

Kernsx21x

Established Member
Really just depends on the 2v car and the owner. My car has yet to lose to any bolt on 03/04 Cobra. Ported Eatons > Me but full bolt on cars I can pull all day long. I have heard of plenty of blower 2v cars trapping super low though so it all depends.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Mods on my Terminator: JLT Fenderwell CAI, Bassani off-road X-pipe, UPR Snub Idler, and a bunch of suspension related stuff. No tune and it's a convertible. The air temp was around 98 degrees, which I'm sure had a very negative impact on both of us...can't wait for some cooler weather. I'm pretty sick of this hot humid shit.

At least my car was cleaner than his.

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Mods on my Terminator: JLT Fenderwell CAI, Bassani off-road X-pipe, UPR Snub Idler, and a bunch of suspension related stuff. No tune and it's a convertible. The air temp was around 98 degrees, which I'm sure had a very negative impact on both of us...can't wait for some cooler weather. I'm pretty sick of this hot humid shit.

At least my car was cleaner than his.
Gotta give you props for keeping a stock pullied Cobra! First thing I did was pullied mine!:D My terminator engine had only 2,4XX ORIGINAL MILES. With a tune and pulley, I'm sure it would've been a neck race. You probably made his day, I'm sure he thought you had a tune and pulley

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Gotta give you props for keeping a stock pullied Cobra! First thing I did was pullied mine!:D My terminator engine had only 2,4XX ORIGINAL MILES. With a tune and pulley, I'm sure it would've been a neck race. You probably made his day, I'm sure he thought you had a tune and pulley

Believe me, it's not by choice that it's not been modded! I bought a whole new ported blower and a bunch of other stuff back in November. At the same time I replaced the suspension in my '98GT and am in the process of doing a ton of other stuff to it so I've been daily driving my Terminator for a few months. Time and money are in short supply so I haven't gotten around to finishing the Terminator project yet. Once I do, I hope I run into this guy again!

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
nice death. can't be mad that you lost to a fellow stanger. i had run a guy in a red vert with his gf or wife in the car. i guess he wanted her to listen to the whine, because he yelled "give me a head start" then got over and rolled his girl's window down before he took off. nothing but respect here. he was mad happy he got his ass handed to him by a terminator. lol.

back on topic: glad the 2v guys are representing properly. just gotta get those v6s in line now. lol

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Nice death, built 2v are no joke. A buddy of mine has a 2v saleen twin turbo pushing 680 rwhp on a built block and supporting mods, still has some bugs to work for the track but should be 9's easy! Trapped 135 on his 580 rwhp tune but the car was breaking up on the top end.

Users who are viewing this thread