03 Cobra vs 05 lotus

stangy2004

Established Member
This kid keeps talking so much shit saying he's gona smoke me. I'm fed up with it so I'm putting my 2.3 whipple on tomorrow and i should be like 610rwh then with race fuel tune 650rwh. His car weighs like 2000lbs and he's pushing 400rwh. What do you guys think.I'm i gona take him should i run the race fuel high boost tune.

Mjavant1985

Figgy (Cam) Newton
Established Member
Even on your race tune I don't think you'll have enough to overcome the weight difference if he can get traction in that light of a car
Cobra at 650whp-3700lbs= 5.69lb/whp
Lotus at 400whp-2000lbs= 5lb/whp

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
This may be one fast car that you may not be able to beat. If his car is really putting that much power down and he can get it down, that will be one fast Lotus. Stock they are mid 12sec cars and that is with a 190bhp rating and 133lbft of torque. With the owner claiming 400+whp, that should be an extremely fast car. Run him with your high boost tune and race fuel. Let us know the results.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
unless you slash this guys tires before the race, you aren't beating it lol. lotus are so sexy, Toyota engine ftw lol jk.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
a 400whp lotus sounds pretty useless IMO. Id not be surprised if hes pulling your chain on the power level. You dont hear of many people modding those power wise because it ruins the balance of the vehicle. Its meant to have not much HP so you can push it very hard in the twisties without fear of it biting you if you find its edge.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Shit I dont know who will win but get it on video. I got my money on the lotus to be honest though.

650BlackVnm

Established Member
a 400whp lotus sounds pretty useless IMO. Id not be surprised if hes pulling your chain on the power level. You dont hear of many people modding those power wise because it ruins the balance of the vehicle. Its meant to have not much HP so you can push it very hard in the twisties without fear of it biting you if you find its edge.

I'm with you on this one, sounds like he's full of b.s.

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
U have the power, now just drop the weight and make it a drivers race.

NEMES1S

Established Member
I say drop weight. Take out p/s seats and rear sit. Oh and spare tire if u have. Then smoke his butt.....my money is on the cobra.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just be glad he did not take you to a road course! It is a freaking go-cart with balls. I also doubt he is pushing 400hp. My money would be on you, assuming you can drive. have sticky tires?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
If it is 400rwhp, you are cruisin' for a bruisin'. Those cars are featherweights. People are just discovering how deadly they can be on the street when modded. Hell, even rat bastard Hennessy, used the Lotus chassis for his Veyron rapemobile, the Venom GT.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
This may be one fast car that you may not be able to beat. If his car is really putting that much power down and he can get it down, that will be one fast Lotus. Stock they are mid 12sec cars and that is with a 190bhp rating and 133lbft of torque. With the owner claiming 400+whp, that should be an extremely fast car. Run him with your high boost tune and race fuel. Let us know the results.

^:poke::poke::nono: the 190hp model isnt that fast, you got that wrong , the base one is a mid to high 13 sec car, the model that goes mid 12's is the supercharged model, its pretty much a supercharged toyota 4 cylinder in that model which I belive the hp rateing is 345hp in that model

exactly!:beer:

fearls1

Established Member
More than likely this lotus owner is full of shit. 90 pct of all the guys that run they're mouth are more bark than bite.

Its the people who are secretive about their mods with the laid back attitudes are the ones that will surprise you in a race.

gearhead08

Established Member
Last lotus guy i delt with thought his stock lotus could take a 10sec vette........ I know there Car is balanced but there like the zl1 owners of yesteryear....

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
^:poke::poke::nono: the 190hp model isnt that fast, you got that wrong , the base one is a mid to high 13 sec car, the model that goes mid 12's is the supercharged model, its pretty much a supercharged toyota 4 cylinder in that model which I belive the hp rateing is 345hp in that model

exactly!:beer:

The Lotus Exige, with the SCed Celica motor in top trim is about 260. The only Lotus currently available with 345 hp is the Evora S with the SCed V6, and they weigh 2800 lbs.

What model is it OP? Is it an Exige or just a normal Elise? Or is it a little more rare of a Lotus, like an Evora or an Espirit?

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member

This

Users who are viewing this thread