03 Cobra vs 360 Modena

pestilence

Established Member
Now everyone talks about racing z06's, SS's, M5's etc....The other night I saw the best race I have seen to date. An 03 vs a 360 modena. I near crashed when I saw them. They both zoomed past me doing about 100 (this is in traffic mind you). I tried to zip through traffic and get some too, but fortunatley I couldn't/didn't. Why fortunetly? Because about 5 min later I see the cobra pulled over on the side of the road by VA police...sucks to be him. I couldn't tell who won though cuz they were to far ahead and traffic was in the way. But still.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
By the way, I DO NOT condone racing in traffic...

I was reffering to the competition not the circumstances... before I get flizzz amed!

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
the racing in traffic thing sux...but still it must have been an awesome sight to see a 360 modena running with a familiar snake.

'03KILLA

Established Member
Prolly woulda been a close race considering how heavy the '03 is............not sure what mods you have, but I have raced plenty of them and they run alright.:beer:

i8u

Established Member
The lower priced Ferraris are more "legs" than straight line grunt. Beautiful cars but I'd buy a viper or a Gt anyday before I spent the cash on a one. I would prefer a lambo anyday over a Ferrari.

I had the chance to run a 355 from 15 to 120 in my old 98 cobra. My girlfriend and I thought we were going to get waxed. I only had basic bolt-ons at the time along with saleen racecraft suspension and 3.73 rear. I was pacing him to see if he was going to go and suddenly I hear that musical scream only heard by a ferrari. I dropped down to first and hooked perfect. Were were side by side until about 120 and we both shut down giving each other thumbs ups.

I had an intake, underdrive pulleys, 62mm tb, Suspension as mentioned above, dual friction clutch, longtubes with full exhaust and some 255mm wide tires.

If we had raced any faster and I'm sure he wouldhave started to wax me.

Anyway I randomly met the guy at a later date and have been frfiends since.:beer:

Swervedriver

Established Member
Wow, that does suck!

I saw a black 360 Modena last Saturday. No race involved, but he almost stalled it taking off from the light. That made me smile.. :smmon:

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Cobra guy probably got a ticket for wreckless driving. They don't mess around in this state. 25 mph over the limit and you are in a world of hurt.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
The statement above is very true! I use to be a VA STATE police officer. He will probably recieve if 25mpl above the posted speed limit is reckless endangment/reckless driving. If he cought him like a 120 in a 65 mph he will be arrested and probably have a charge of attempt to kill. Not very good out come after that.

Rekisito

Established Member
Assuming that both cars are stock, it would all come down to who drives better. The fastest 360 F1 run's a 12.9, maybe a 12.8 if he they can drive well. The Other 360's are usually low to flat 13 second cars. They should top out at 170mph, the new SVT is what? 165mph?

L3thal 324

Established Member
Originally posted by Rekisito
Assuming that both cars are stock, it would all come down to who drives better. The fastest 360 F1 run's a 12.9, maybe a 12.8 if he they can drive well. The Other 360's are usually low to flat 13 second cars. They should top out at 170mph, the new SVT is what? 165mph?

i agree that it is a drivers race but the 360's run about a 12.6 stock and they do NOT top out 170. i have personally ridden in one and we got it up to 194 stock. i know stupid but it was fun and i waspraying the whole time haha just sharing my experiences no flame intended. on that note... i hope the snake won.

Rekisito

Established Member
Originally posted by 03silversnake
i agree that it is a drivers race but the 360's run about a 12.6 stock and they do NOT top out 170. i have personally ridden in one and we got it up to 194 stock. i know stupid but it was fun and i waspraying the whole time haha just sharing my experiences no flame intended. on that note... i hope the snake won.

Interesting, the factory states it's 170, you sure it's stock? I know a guy who waxed one in his stock vette... and the Vettes only run mid 12's.

And a Stock Ford GT??? Mustang GT wax a 360? I think not. Maybe a GT-40.

Users who are viewing this thread