03 cobra vs 94 z28 125 shot

mylilpony71

Established Member
This race will happen this friday im racing my brothers LT1 camaro 6speed. It has all the bolt ons. Intake,t/b,lt4 intake, stock ported heads 1.6rr, cc503 cam, kooks L/t, corsa cat back, 4.11 gears, drag radials and 125 shot of nitrous. his car runs really strong. Hes been racing a few mustangs around town and hasnt had any problems. We have never raced but we went to the track together and hes a damm good driver he ran 12.67 1.79 60 (stock 10 bolt) motor only I ran a 12.43@118 on street tires i have DR now. my car dyno 465whp my best time so far on DR is a 11.7 11.1@127 on a 100(wont be used) we will race from digs only we dont do roll racing we leave that to the hondas. What do you guys think? Hes sure hes going to win. I swear this race will happen im not posting just to post. There has been trash talking for weeks its time to shut my lil bro up.

Shopboy

Established Member
i dont know about lt1 but hope cobra wins if not a lot of trash talkin on u will be done specially bcuz his ur brother lol

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Should be close.. Happen to know what times, if any, he has ran on spray? Im looking forward to the results. Get vids! good luck.

New Edge

Screaming 2.2!
Established Member
I too am looking forward to it. My brother has a turd gen with an lt1/t56 swap and his motor is getting a build this winter. I've been trying to convince him to put a 100-125 shot on it. Although I'm no longer pullied...

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
He is going to have trouble putting it down on an unprepped street with 4.10's and the jug. If he does hook it, you are in trouble. Im surprised thats all he ran n/a with a 1.79 60 ft. What were his 1/8 times like?

mylilpony71

Established Member
He is going to have trouble putting it down on an unprepped street with 4.10's and the jug. If he does hook it, you are in trouble. Im surprised thats all he ran n/a with a 1.79 60 ft. What were his 1/8 times like?[/QUOTE

I cant remember but i know he trapped like 111 112 somewhere around that. I know he will spin but it hooks up good ill ask him what he has for suspension but its done up to i guess i couldve put that in the description.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
He is going to have trouble putting it down on an unprepped street with 4.10's and the jug. If he does hook it, you are in trouble. Im surprised thats all he ran n/a with a 1.79 60 ft. What were his 1/8 times like?

I cant remember but i know he trapped like 111 112 somewhere around that.

Sounds about right for that cam he has.

mrlrd1

Established Member
346rwhp and 111mph? That's horrid for a H/C LT1. Who did the heads, Stevie Wonder?

mylilpony71

Established Member
346rwhp and 111mph? That's horrid for a H/C LT1. Who did the heads, Stevie Wonder?

There stock heads Idk about you but how much horsepower did you expect 400? It's an lt1 :shrug: either way dyno numbers don't mean anything track numbers count.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
There stock heads Idk about you but how much horsepower did you expect 400? It's an lt1 :shrug: either way dyno numbers don't mean anything track numbers count.

It's weak, mine trapped 90.03 in the 1/8, and should have been around 114 or so in the 1/4, with some locally ported heads (turned out the guy actually sucks, and it's possible they didnt help any), small LT4 Hotcam, Mac Shortys, cutout, FIPK, 58mm TB, 3.73's, FULL weight plus subframes, car weighed 3560 with driver. Stock tune, stock rev limiter (it needed more rpms). That was 11 years ago.

mylilpony71

Established Member
It's weak, mine trapped 90.03 in the 1/8, and should have been around 114 or so in the 1/4, with some locally ported heads (turned out the guy actually sucks, and it's possible they didnt help any), small LT4 Hotcam, Mac Shortys, cutout, FIPK, 58mm TB, 3.73's, FULL weight plus subframes, car weighed 3560 with driver. Stock tune, stock rev limiter (it needed more rpms). That was 11 years ago.[/QU

:bs: stock tune? Yeah right

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Ummmmmmmmm YEA. Back in the day you didnt run to a tuner to have a car tuned everytime something was done to it, it's an OBD2 LT1, it doesnt HAVE to have a tune, it's not an 03 Cobra, of course a tune and the rev limiter moved up would have helped ALOT. Car got sprayed with a 150 shot too (OMG NO TOOON!!!!!!!!!!)

Hell their werent even widespread dynos, widebands, or anything of the sort, ESPECIALLY in this area. Nobody really had cars tuned back then, especially LT1's, hell even LS1's all ran Hypertech shit, or MAF translators if they were modded.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I think this is gonna be a loss for the cobra. Unless you spray as well. but good luck.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Ummmmmmmmm YEA. Back in the day you didnt run to a tuner to have a car tuned everytime something was done to it, it's an OBD2 LT1, it doesnt HAVE to have a tune, it's not an 03 Cobra, of course a tune and the rev limiter moved up would have helped ALOT. Car got sprayed with a 150 shot too (OMG NO TOOON!!!!!!!!!!)

Hell their werent even widespread dynos, widebands, or anything of the sort, ESPECIALLY in this area. Nobody really had cars tuned back then, especially LT1's, hell even LS1's all ran Hypertech shit, or MAF translators if they were modded.

My CC306 setup wouldn't even idle without a tune... Some shit you could get away with but lets be realistic here. A lot of cars ran without tuning and they didn't run very well... not to mention LT1 heads are pure shit in stock form. It's very hard to say it should have trapped 'blah blah blah' ...maybe in a perfect world but my CC306 tuned wouldn't even trap 114mph on stock heads.

Users who are viewing this thread