'03 Cobra vs built and supercharged new edge GT

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
My '03 Cobra mods include the ones in my sig.
His GT mods include a lot, but most importantly built engine, stage 2 blower cams, Vortech V1. 365rwhp

We started at ~40mph and went up to ~120mph. The faster we went the harder I was starting to pull. He is a local friend so a rematch is in the works after this Thursday when I install a 2.8 upper and a dyno tune, not that that will help him any :lol1:.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLAYwWuYFUA"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra VS Supercharged GT[/nomedia]

19935.slow

Established Member
Nice cobra and a quick gt. Between your sig and avi, I'd take it your big ac/dc fan? accadacca ftw!

DaBigBone

Established Member
built engine, stage 2 blower cams, Vortech V1 and only 365rwhp?

I'm running a V1 on stock engine, stock heads, stock cams, and I'm making 387rwhp lol....

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
YouTube - gamarrita1999's Channel

At the beginning of this clip he lists all of his mods, it states that he only has a 5psi pulley on it.
I didn't watch the video. But come on, if you're gonna build a forged bottom end (I'm assuming that's what "built engine" means), what the hell are you only running 5psi on the blower for??

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
I think he should be a lil over 400whp with his setup. i ran one and he was at 420+whp with similar mods.

StangJason

Established Member
5psi is barely enough extra power to overcome the power loss of turning that supercharger...what an epic fail unless he's going to up the boost.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Only 5psi on a built motor? And only 365rwhp with stage 2 cams and a blower? When I hit 6psi I was at 340psi...Im now at 10psi and 390rwhp with stock cams

Kernsx21x

Established Member
He has to be on a break in tune. With his stage 2 cams he is probably 2-3psi less then what you run on your stock cams. So for him 5psi is like you on 8psi. After he breaks in the engine I'm sure he will probably be up to around 15psi or so and be around 530rwhp.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Nice cobra and a quick gt. Between your sig and avi, I'd take it your big ac/dc fan? accadacca ftw!

Thanks, yea I love 'em. Went to see them when they were on their Black Ice tour.

I'm not sure how long he plans to run with lower boost, but it should be another good match when he ups it and I get my 2.8 upper.

Kernsx21x

Established Member
Thanks, yea I love 'em. Went to see them when they were on their Black Ice tour.

I'm not sure how long he plans to run with lower boost, but it should be another good match when he ups it and I get my 2.8 upper.

No offense, but I doubt it. When he ups the boost its not going to be a few psi... I'd be willing to bet it will be a 10psi or more increase. You will gain around 50rwhp from switching to a 2.8 pulley which is a great increase, but when he jumps up 10+psi he will be gaining around 130-160rwhp.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
No offense, but I doubt it. When he ups the boost its not going to be a few psi... I'd be willing to bet it will be a 10psi or more increase. You will gain around 50rwhp from switching to a 2.8 pulley which is a great increase, but when he jumps up 10+psi he will be gaining around 130-160rwhp.

True, but I mostly meant a fun, friendly race between cool cars. He will just have to wait till I slap on a TS! Muahahahahaha

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
My old GT ran strong at 400rwhp... It seemed a lot stronger than that though. With the procharger It kept pulling all the way to the top..

No match for a pullied cobra tho

+1 on 5psi is retarded and gay with a built motor.. I'd push it for all it's worth!

A buddy of mine has a MMR bottom end GT with a novi 2000 @ close to 20psi.. It's a beast.. my car doesn't want any. He's making close to or right at 600 I think

Last edited:

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Even for a break-in tune, 5psi is way low! He should be at a minimum of 8psi, possibly 10psi for a break-in tune on a built bottom end modular motor. And just as a side note, if he is indeed on a break-in tune, what's he doing going WOT for these runs?

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Even for a break-in tune, 5psi is way low! He should be at a minimum of 8psi, possibly 10psi for a break-in tune on a built bottom end modular motor. And just as a side note, if he is indeed on a break-in tune, what's he doing going WOT for these runs?

Well truth be told he is kind of an idiot..... He was going WOT when he installed the V1 on his stock motor without a tune. That lead to failure which is why he built the bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread