03 Cobra vs. Carrera 4, WRX & Honda CBR600

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
On my way back from a friends house on Saturday afternoon, I head up Newport Coast Drive. Soon as I start heading up hill, a newer Carrera 4 goes wizzing by. Can't have none of that. I pursue; we're going uphill around a sweeping curve, side by side. I'm at 3500 rpm in 4th- the road straightens out and we both nail it at the same time. By the top of 4th i'm 2-3 cars ahead and pulling away hard. I expected more from the Porsche, but the air was cool and the 03 was running well.

10 minutes later I'm near home in a relatively empty section of town on a 3-lane road when i see a blue WRX with indiciperable array of stickers and a 8" exhaust tip. Can't have none of that.

We finally lined up at a light, but there's a sport bike in the far lane. Now things are interesting. The light goes and we're off. The WRX gets the jump, almost a car length; the bike and I are mostly even. 2nd gear and the WRX goes bye bye, like it suddenly crapped a boat anchor chained to its bumper. The bike and I just up and LEAVE it. The bike is at my door; he shifts, gains 2-3 feet, i shift and get it back, plus a foot or two. By the top of 4th I was about 1/2 car past his front tire and pulling, but not hard.

Good races overall. The Porsche driver gave me a smile and nod, never saw the WRX driver and the bike rider had a half hearted thumbs up.

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Awesome kills... I love eatin' the Porsches

Not to mention the love of blowing past AWD and taking a bike and FORCING the gratitude!

Good times!

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
very nice day indeed. Im startin to get jealous of all you rich '03 cobra guys. I cannot wait until my 88 LX starts hitting low 13's- high 12's. One day i will be able to run with the big dogs. until then, keep the stories coming cause they are great!!

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Thanks! Swanson's in Torrance tuned the custom Autologic 2-bank chip (1 for 91 octane, 1 for race gas). The numbers are all SAE (on the race tune). The uncorrected numbers (on a 65 degree day) were 489 rwhp and 498 rwt.

Anyone know what those bikes usually run?

Users who are viewing this thread