03 cobra vs. foxbody race coming up.

redstang

i've seen this grey 03 cobra in the campus parking lot and i've been wondering what its got. So i left a note on the guys car to give me a call if he wants to cruise/hang out something alot those lines. So he calls me and asks me about my car etc etc. i just said its supercharged, nothing else. He didnt say much about his car either. From the outside, it looks completely stock. Not lowered, no tires/wheels, everything stock. So, we said we're gonna run this weekend. Now, on a nice nite, say 55 degress, i should be well over 425rwhp, maybe more. What kind of power will he need to beat me? How are my chances from both a dig and a roll? my race weight is around 3100 lbs with me in it, maybe a little lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sinisterlx

Established Member
Your car should run 120 mph in the 1/4 on a good day. It takes a cobra usually mid to upper 400s to run that from what i've seen depending on driver. A pullied cobra with a tune and the usual bolt ons should be a good run for your car but you should win.

redstang

will do guys. i'll try to get the video camera also. do i stand the same chance from a dig as from a roll?

StangJason

Established Member
You have a weight advantage but the question is who will be able to hook and drive the best. In my mind that's the obvious answer to who wins and loses.

redstang

ok this guy did not tell me his mods and the car looks bone stock from the outside down to the tires. I'm saying i think he'll only pull me from a roll if he has 450+rwhp, maybe more, because of my power to weight.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Heck run him both ways; to me though only true way to race is from a deadstop. Maybe run with about a 1/4 tank of 93 and mix in some race gas an bump timing up a little; that would definately help. You runnin stickies on your car? If not it would prolly be useless to run from a deadstop then with the power your makin. If he's pullied I'd say you'll have probs but if he's not you should take him. Goodluck.

redstang

i'm running nitto 555rs, i've never had a problem hooking up so far with them. i think if he has like a 2.93 pulley or making around 450-475(as i do have the near 650lb+ weight ad.) at the tires it'll be a good race from both a dig and a roll. we are going to do both.

SWYZ721

Established Member
When I was young my dad sat me down and said "son, I got one motto to live by,

no matter what you do, always make sure you got good rubber" :thumbsup:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
90mustang306 said:
I think youll win. On a cold night 5.0's run the best when cooler..there torq'y sons of a b*tches. good luck

Because 4.6's don't run the best on a cold night when cooler... :bored:

redstang

stopsign you just love to put everyone in their place dont you? you dont give any credit to cars that arent cobras. :shrug:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
fastwhite86gt said:
stopsign you just love to put everyone in their place dont you? you dont give any credit to cars that arent cobras. :shrug:

No. He's talking about the guy who thinks that the 5.0 is the only engine that benefits from cooler, more dense air. Any car will run better at 60 degrees than 100 degrees.

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
90mustang306 said:
I think youll win. On a cold night 5.0's run the best when cooler..there torq'y sons of a b*tches. good luck

I think your forgettin about that blower sittin atop the car hes gonna race; thats artificial torqueness ya doofus. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread