03 Cobra VS LS1 Camaro

angcobra

angcobra
Established Member
My first tangle with an LS1, top down, son with me. Camaro with open headers was playing with me rolled the window down and said let's go. Side by side ~ 30 MPH roll, he honked 3 times and hit it, I stomped it in 2nd, got a little loose and then hooked up. By the time I hit 3rd I was already out front, in 3rd I was just walking away. No contest. We stopped to talk, turns out it was a friend of my son. He said he had an LS1 with only minor mods, said he had heard about my car from friends and wanted to see if it was all that.

jcs03cobra

non V-Tech...
Established Member
heh when i first got my cobra my old man took it out for a spin with me in it :coolman: , he ended up roasting 1/4 inch of tires :burnout: , and trying to run little ricers :thumbsup: ....i thought it was great :D

Last edited:

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Very nice kills man. While I love my dad, I wish he would be cool like you, modding cars, and racing em.

PolishSVT

Established Member
90_red_lx said:
Very nice kills man. While I love my dad, I wish he would be cool like you, modding cars, and racing em.

LOL, Im 35 and my Dad just turned 77, but he still gets on it in his Baby Blue Crown Vic! He was an Engineer / Exec for Ford for 37 years, never really into Muscle Cars, though. Its just funny when he's down here in FL doing the snowbird thing to take a ride with him - he'll peel out of stoplights if we're rushing to make a tee time or something. Ill laugh and he'll look over and say "what?". I dont think his hearing-aid picks up the squeeling of tires, and its just funny as hell to me that he doesnt know he's doing it. The biggest benefit growing up was while he worked in quality control back in the 80's, he would frequently bring home 'test drivers' for a week or two at a time. In the mid / late 80's being a newly licensed driver, I could always borrow a turbo TBird, new GT, etc, as long as I provided a "writeup" for him for work. But Dad was always into the Grand Marquis / Lincoln cars, he never owned a Muscle Car, but understood me and my brothers love for 'em.

SouthFL.02.SS

Established Member
angcobra said:
My first tangle with an LS1, top down, son with me. Camaro with open headers was playing with me rolled the window down and said let's go. Side by side ~ 30 MPH roll, he honked 3 times and hit it, I stomped it in 2nd, got a little loose and then hooked up. By the time I hit 3rd I was already out front, in 3rd I was just walking away. No contest. We stopped to talk, turns out it was a friend of my son. He said he had an LS1 with only minor mods, said he had heard about my car from friends and wanted to see if it was all that.

Nice kill and nice rides! Congrats.

angcobra

angcobra
Established Member
WaznMe said:
good kill, always good to show your sons friends up ehh??

I did not know it was his friend until we stopped afterwords, my son knew from the start so he loved it even more.

jcs03cobra said:
heh when i first got my cobra my old man took it out for a spin with me in it :coolman: , he ended up roasting 1/4 inch of tires :burnout: , and trying to run little ricers :thumbsup: ....i thought it was great :D

Is it strange that, being the dad, I have 2 Cobra Verts, and my son drives a Honda Accord Coupe?

SSlayer96 said:
Nice Kill. Camaro kills are that much better.

I am torn about that, I was a GM guy my whole life, had many GM muscle cars including a 67 Camaro. This is my first Ford muscle car, so far I like it.

90_red_lx said:

Thanks, my son and I have a great relationship, we do many things together. The key sometimes is taking turns doing what the other one wants or needs to do. For example, my son might help help me with yard work of some project I am working on knowing when we are done, I will go do something with him he wants to do.

SRT-4 Turbo 7 said:
You my friend have some sweet ass cars. I wish I had your garage, Congrulations!

Thanks, many years of hard work, smart spending, and saving. Now it is time to play!

Users who are viewing this thread