03 Cobra vs. Old Turbo Datsun

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Hey guys, on my way home last night i'm on a ramp merging on the highway. In front of me there's a early 80's Datsun, I get closer to see the suspension work and the car in general... after the curve he nails it and i heard a BOV. I was kinda surprise on how he pulled. He decel on the Hwy and wait for me. No traffic in front, perfect condition for a little run. I downshift in 3rd at 50 mph, as soon as he heard my downshift he nails it(no honk) so i do too. I put 2 cars instantly and at the end of my third gear i was about a 6-7 in front so i let off. I take the next exit and he follow me, talk to him a bit, cool guy. He had a 2.0 liter turbo Eagle talon swap in it with other mods. He claim about 300 hp(flywheel i assumed). It was a fun little race and nice guy too.

His car is a very surprising sleeper who certainly eat some Gt's and other car, but not a Terminator!::rockon:

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
Hey guys, on my way home last night i'm on a ramp merging on the highway. In front of me there's a early 80's Datsun, I get closer to see the suspension work and the car in general... after the curve he nails it and i heard a BOV. I was kinda surprise on how he pulled. He decel on the Hwy and wait for me. No traffic in front, perfect condition for a little run. I downshift in 3rd at 50 mph, as soon as he heard my downshift he nails it(no honk) so i do too. I put 2 cars instantly and at the end of my third gear i was about a 6-7 in front so i let off. I take the next exit and he follow me, talk to him a bit, cool guy. He had a 2.0 liter turbo Eagle talon swap in it with other mods. He claim about 300 hp(flywheel i assumed). It was a fun little race and nice guy too.

His car is a very surprising sleeper who certainly eat some Gt's and other car, but not a Terminator!::rockon:

Not sure about it but the 2.0 is a transverse mounted engine and the Datsun is a RWD so would be one hell of a custom swap.
Either way nice kill. :rockon:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
nice kill. I guess he meant a 4G63???? idk. I have seen some real fast Datsuns....only a few period but, most were quick.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Not sure about it but the 2.0 is a transverse mounted engine and the Datsun is a RWD so would be one hell of a custom swap.
Either way nice kill. :rockon:

Tx, Yep he told me that it was a lot of work to build his car, i wish i could had talked to him a bit more to get some other details... maybe next time!:rockon:

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
nice kill. I guess he meant a 4G63???? idk. I have seen some real fast Datsuns....only a few period but, most were quick.

Tx, i wish i will see him again, i had so much other question to ask him myself:??: Im 35 so i remember the old Datsun from my childhood,but it's far away back in my mind...

Last edited:

NoSlo5PointOh

Tappin That Since '04
Established Member
Nice kill. I'm pretty sure it was probably a sr20. That is a super common swap into older datsuns and is the 2 liter as well. Definitely gonna be a quick car either way.

Dismember

2003 black Terminator
Established Member
Nice kill. I'm pretty sure it was probably a sr20. That is a super common swap into older datsuns and is the 2 liter as well. Definitely gonna be a quick car either way.

Thank you and good info, i didnt knew that was a common swap on these little car, like you said very quick.

Users who are viewing this thread