'03 Cobra "vs" Pontiac Grand Am vs Cop

ChuckV

Established Member
People just don't get it. It's a 12 second car, so no, I'm not going to race you in your 10 year old 4 door with a low output 6 cylinder....

I'm driving along in the Cobra last night, and an ANCIENT Grand Am full of 16-17 year old kids pulls up next to me. The guy start revving at me. I make a "No" gesture with my hand, and acclerated normally up to 55, shifting at 2100 RPMs. I was slightly ahead of him, so I figured he had given up on his ambitions of racing me. When I stopped acclereating, they all started flipping me off, giving me the thumbs down, and other crap you might expect from a car full of morons. I just laughed and shook my head, tempted as I was to downshift and put a couple buslengths on them just to avenge myself. Appearently, the kid got offended by my laughing, because he then stepped on it. He puts on his flashers when he's doing about 70, and they all stick middle fingers out the window..... RIGHT as they fly by a cop! :nono: :loser: :burn:
I couldn't stop laughing, I've never laughed so hard in my entire life. The cop appearently though they were flipping him off, and was HAPPY to take off after them to teach them a lessson. As I passed, as this dousche bag was pulled over, he flips me off AGAIN! I passed by 10 minutes later in the opposite direction, and saw 9 cop cars surrounding the little Pontiac. So my guess is not only did this fool get himself nailed for 70 in a 55, not only did he stick his middle finger in the general direction of a cop TWICE, he probably also ended up with a DUI or Possesion charge.
:D :lol: :pop:

I learned a valuable lesson. When a moron in a car with 1/4th your power tries to race you, no matter how :mj: you get, it's always better to point and laugh than to embarass them with speed. This was probably the single most vindicating experience of my driving career, justice was definitely done.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Man O Man! Those are moments you often never experience in life. Its like walkin to your Cobra and seeing some azzhole hock a loogie @ your ride, out of sheer spite or jealousy, and you catchin them in the act, and then the dick starts running away, only to run head on to a unmarked crown vic. LOVELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes your right, although tempting as hell, it just isnt worth the ga$, the boost and the time. Shit, It isnt worth the possible ticket if you were the one that stomped on the accelerator and you had gotten pulled over, as they take off laughin!

GOOD one sir!

Ironhand

Banned
I had an experience like that once..

My Cousin when he owned his 02 Ford F-150 with the 4.2L V-6, we raced a Honda Civic or something like that. It had everything includeing a cute blonde on the outside but nothing under the hood and my cousin just laughed the entire way and we raced and won of course but what happened was we got in front of him and made a right-hand turn and I looked back and he was doing 90 in a 60 and went right by a cop. I told my Cousin Mickey and all three of us in his truck couldnt stop laughing. :) lol

CobraBallz97

Established Member
haha thats awsome...i lost count of how many times i've wished a cop was around when some idiots were doing stupid shit.

bp03svt

Established Member
You're right about the cop coming after you if you would've got on your car. That serves the asshats right.

It does sound like they had some shit in that pos they shouldn't have, prob drugs or something for so many cops to show up like that LMFAO!!!!! They must have been smoking crack to think that Grand Am would smoke your car.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i did the same thing to a LS1 SS when i had my 97 GT. The Dude came flying up beside me and was revving at me. My wife looked at me and said "don't you even think it" i replied with "please that SS would murder me" then he takes off and right by my Po-Po. Lights went up and i turned onto my street. Funny as hell

ChuckV

Established Member
It restored some of my faith in humanity. Too many times I've had some asshat do something idiotic on the roads infront of me and get away with it. There are times I've thought, "I wish I could pull that moron over myself!"

The only issue with your wife telling you that is that it reinforces the unfortunate fact that they're always right :p

Users who are viewing this thread