03 Cobra vs Quad Cab Dodge Ram

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Today was the first gorgeous day we have had in a while so I decided to take the long route home after I got off work. I was cruising down the freeway at 65mph with the windows down and the radio up enjoying the fresh air until I was about halfway home. I notice this truck was starting to pass me and I hear a nice exhaust note coming from it as well so I look a little closer and recognize the truck as I've seen it around town cruising at the local spot. I've seen the truck picking on stock 2V GT's several times. At this point he had started jumping at me and took off for a split second then slowed back down. I smiled and gave him the thumbs up once he got back beside me and he took off again as soon as I do so I sped up to 80 and got next to him once again. This time I pulled it down to 4th gear and signaled for him to go. I notice the nose of his truck lifted very slightly and was bairly inching out on me so I eased into the throttle to keep pace next to him waiting for him to actually go. I finally looked down at the speedometer and noticed we were at 100mph and realized he actually was racing me. I chuckled looked over at him waved and mashed the gas. Instantly jumped 1,2,3,4 cars out by 120 then I let out. I slowed back down to 65 and as he was coming back next to me he was in the process of rolling up his passenger window. I usually wouldn't waste my time on trucks but since I've seen him picking on the local 2V's I had to show him that not every mustang is slow. Poor ole guy thought I was just another GT.

SVTwhore

Established Member
lol!! Nice kill, I like how you paced him for a bit giving him the false hope of staying with you and then, buh bye!!! Cobra's are a rare find in my area so I get that a lot when I'm out and about in mine. It's amazing how many people either think it's a Fobra or have never heard of one. That's what I get though for living in a GM town where most guys drive trucks and SUV's.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
lol!! Nice kill, I like how you paced him for a bit giving him the false hope of staying with you and then, buh bye!!! Cobra's are a rare find in my area so I get that a lot when I'm out and about in mine. It's amazing how many people either think it's a Fobra or have never heard of one. That's what I get though for living in a GM town where most guys drive trucks and SUV's.

Yeah, I've been laughing about this all night. There are a few cobras in my area but the people hardly ever drive them

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill, and way to stick up for your younger brothers, or so to speak:beer::D:thumbup:

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using an android phone

whipplecharged0

Established Member
Nice kill, and way to stick up for your younger brothers, or so to speak:beer::D:thumbup:

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using an android phone

Thanks. Can't have a truck thinking he can whoop up on every mustang

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
Thanks. Can't have a truck thinking he can whoop up on every mustang

Nice kill. I had a simmilar experience a few weeks back, except this one appeared bone stock. A young kid in a newer ram paced me for miles and would give little flybys. I had the same results as you did. The look on his face made me LOL when it was over.

zacmustang03

Established Member
this story made me laugh out loud. good kill cant say i was suprised. i live in the oil patch in northern canada and there are ten jacked up trucks to every one car. there are trucks here that are mid tens to high nine second street trucks. to much money in this town. mind you there all diesels. so i have had my ass handed to me more than once by a 8000lb pickup.

whipplecharged0

Established Member
this story made me laugh out loud. good kill cant say i was suprised. i live in the oil patch in northern canada and there are ten jacked up trucks to every one car. there are trucks here that are mid tens to high nine second street trucks. to much money in this town. mind you there all diesels. so i have had my ass handed to me more than once by a 8000lb pickup.

Trust me there are a couple trucks where I'm from that I will not mess with :beer:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
i was waiting for the 'then i saw srt-10 on the side'. not that it really would have mattered. good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread