03 Cobra VS Supra

no slow 88

Established Member
I witnessed this race about 3 to 4 months ago. As far as I know the cobra had at least exhaust/cold air kit/and smaller pulley. The supra had full exhaust/ front mount/ boost controller/ tunning and who know what else, from a dead stop. The first race was
a close one with the cobra and supra sitting even until third! That is were the cobra started to pull. They let out not long after that. The next race was my boy in his bolt WS-6 vs the SUPRA they to went from a stop. and it was the opposit of the last. They came out the gate dead even. With the supra pulling with every gear change.! The 03 beat the supra by 2 cars are so and the supra beat the bolt on LS-1 by 3 cars. The WS-6 later went 13.01 @ 109 with just lid and exhaust oh yea plug & wire's ( like they mean any thing!!)

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have the same exact feat when I race my buddy's 94 Supra with similar mods running 20 psi boost... I get him in the 1/8th every time by 2 car lengths, but by the end of the 1/4 he's starting to pull on me. We went from a 60mph roll in 3rd and it was over for me... look at my mods though...

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I have the same exact feat when I race my buddy's 94 Supra with similar mods running 20 psi boost... I get him in the 1/8th every time by 2 car lengths, but by the end of the 1/4 he's starting to pull on me. We went from a 60mph roll in 3rd and it was over for me... look at my mods though...

I hope hes not running 20 lbs on the STOCK turbos... thats a little much. Most I ever heard for reliability is around 18 or so. 20 is just nuts.:uh oh:

prdtr15

Established Member
Originally posted by cpdaddy35
Yeah, those stangs can't run with a supra on top end.. :beer:

i hope your not being seroius, the supra's are geared top end and they do that very well, but a cobra with the right mods well do it just as well, so dont say they cant, yes, the supra is generally a better high speed car while the cobra is generally a better drag car, but a cobra can take a supra top end, just as a supra can take a cobra in the 1/4

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
is it just me or is the entire supra owners club hanging out over here? dont you guys have your own website to talk on?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Nothing wrong with Supra owners being here, them, the STI's and Evo's I find very remarkable as far as their potential goes... And yes, he is running 20lbs... I have told him he is going to grenade his motor, but he insists he is good to go... I wouldn't say his top end is killer either, if you consider I'm running stock boost and he's at 20, you do the math, but besides the point they are great cars...

Users who are viewing this thread