03 Cobra -vs- Suzuki GSX-R600

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
First race with the 315 Nitto DR's- I had just gotten off the freeway after about a 1 hour drive home from work. Sitting in pole position at a light with a long, straight road in front with zero traffic, not paying any attention and after a 12 hour day, all I want to do is get home and have a beer and some pizza.

Up pulls a new silver (white?) and blue Suzuki between me and a pickup in the right lane. It had a red "R" and GSX below that with a red "600" on the back. He's not paying any attention to me, but he starts revving..and revving..then holding the revs high, so I figured :rockon:

I had a slightly better launch, but he still put about 1.5-2 bike lengths at first, luckily the DR's held. I caught up to his back tire around the top of 2nd (not sure); by mid-3rd his helmet was at my right front tire (i remember wondering if he heard the eaton screaming); by mid/upper 4th when I hit the brakes, he was somewhere (but not far) off my rear bumper and fading.

He pulled in front of me before turning at the next light and gave a solid thumbs-up (although he never looked at me, he just stuck his hand and thumb out, then took off).

It's hard to compare different bikes with different riders on different nights and different roads, but i'd put it on par or slightly faster than a Ducati 749 & older model (all red-??) YFZ-R6(?).

Users who are viewing this thread