03 cobra vs. turbo 350z

Sliverstang

Established Member
friend of mine has a turbo 350Z making around 420hp. My car made 450hp 470tq. He is fixin to have to go back over seas to fight so we all went out and had a little fun. I got my butt whupped but it was fun! And here are the videos! Im fixin to be slappin on a posi port but I will have to wait 6 more months to get a rematch.

YouTube - 76mmsaleen's Channel

YouTube - 76mmsaleen's Channel

exdeath

Established Member
Try starting in 2nd gear instead of 4th next time? :shrug:

Seriously, that second video is painful to watch, it sounds like you started in 4th gear at 1500 RPM. Second gear at 40 mph is golden, you would have shot out like a rocket and had him fighting for fender lengths.

Last edited:

25psi

Established Member
Does a 350z weigh that much less than the Cobra to be able to make up for the less HP? And it probably has a lot less tq as well.

Why would it make less torque? Most 350z turbos(including mine), make more torque than hp. Mine before being fully built, made 412rwhp and 464lbft at 7psi and 624rwhp and 667lbft with twin 35r setup on 17psi. And my 350z weighed 3218 with the twin turbo setup.

Sliverstang

Established Member
Yeah my car is pullied.

This was the first time i raced somebody pretty much I only had the car for 2 months give or take. I also don't really like racing on the street so I was kinda worried! I know we did a 60 punch and I was close to 3000 rpm when we took off. I wanted to go from a dead stop but was to scared to stop in the road! When he gets back he plans on upgrading the turbo and like I said I am going to do the posi port and prolly put some go go juice on it!

THAITED

Established Member
Why would it make less torque? Most 350z turbos(including mine), make more torque than hp. Mine before being fully built, made 412rwhp and 464lbft at 7psi and 624rwhp and 667lbft with twin 35r setup on 17psi. And my 350z weighed 3218 with the twin turbo setup.

That's what I thought too. Turbo car makes more torque and has a fat torque curve than S/C.

03cobrah

Established Member
Try starting in 2nd gear instead of 4th next time? :shrug:

Seriously, that second video is painful to watch, it sounds like you started in 4th gear at 1500 RPM. Second gear at 40 mph is golden, you would have shot out like a rocket and had him fighting for fender lengths.

This^^ i haven't watched the vidz yet, but when i race my buddies gto w/ lt's full exhaust, i slowly pull on him from a 55 roll(3rdgear), but from a 40mph (2nd), i put bus lengths.

moot09

Established Member
hmm, I ran a tt 350z and pulled pretty good. The one you raced might have had more boost though.

03snakeminated

Established Member
This^^ i haven't watched the vidz yet, but when i race my buddies gto w/ lt's full exhaust, i slowly pull on him from a 55 roll(3rdgear), but from a 40mph (2nd), i put bus lengths.

on a 55mph punch with stock gears you shoud still be in 2nd (short burst but nonetheless 2nd gear still FTW

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+100 on the wrong gear. Get that posi port and hit it from the right gear and he'll see your tailights. Though being in the D for 6 months will net him a few extra dollars to put in his Z.

03snakeminated

Established Member
so next time yall think I need to be in 2nd for a 60 roll? and what gear for like a 30 roll?
hmmm, are you picking those mph's in the races or your opponent?, IMO those aren't the best rolls to start a race on our cars, if it was me and had no choice i would start in 1st for a 30 roll (if traction) and 3rd for a 60 (i have a small shot so it helps a little with the power band) but if its up to you i would tell them anywhere from a 40, 45, or 50 and make sure you are in 2nd gear..:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread