03 Cobra VS Turbo'd E46 M3...Son of a bitch about had me!

BigMikeCobra

Learning to be humble
Established Member
Driving on I40 about 1am and im cruising doing about 65ish and all i heard was this buzzing sound getting closer and closer, i said oh no not another rice burner trying to bother me again, i didnt even bother looking in the mirror. The car past me slightly and then slowed down...i realized it was an E46 M3...we did our three honks, (to be honest I could barely hear the honks, I think he was running straight pipes or some shit) and took off, i was gunning it, i dropped her back to third and up into forth and had him pretty good but i kept hearing what seemed to be a BOV sound...I didnt think he was really trying that hard, maybe he thought i was a fake cobra and he wasn't ready...so after we both hit the brakes from the first round he gets infront of me for a second or two and i see the "turbo" under the M3 badge..so i knew for sure it was a turbo'd car. we get ready again at 60mph and i tell you what, this m3 put a better fight than a stock C6 did...I mean i had him and i was walking away but it wasn't like i left him way way behind, that son of a bitch was fast...i got close to 480-490 to the wheels and barely had him...I'm curious to finding out how many horsies he was probably pushing...but anyways i got to where i wanted safely tonight knowing that I walked a high dollar (not really) euro car...shitt, im out of beer!:shrug: :beer:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
turbo M3's are no joke. witnessed a turbo e46 M3 trap 105 in the 1/8th at irwindale a few weeks ago. pretty crazy...
turbo M3's are a rich mans game.

good kill!

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
E46 M3's definitely get down! they aren't really too spendy(45g new) as opposed to many other foreign cars. Glad you got the kill! i see lots of cocky BMW owners who really need a good ass kicking.

Silver5Oh

Established Member
E46 M3's definitely get down! they aren't really too spendy(45g new) as opposed to many other foreign cars. Glad you got the kill! i see lots of cocky BMW owners who really need a good ass kicking.

then add 15,000 for the turbo kit, i'd say thats getting up there.

Good kill OP, turbo M3's can be no joke!

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Nice kill man. I have only ever seen one turbo'd m3 locally and it was at a car meet. I raced a modded new 335i and spanked the shit out of him...but then again it wasn't a m3. I love the e46 m3's the most out of all other m3's, but I absolutely HAAAAAATE the way they sound (exhaust note).

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
Your 20 grand car with maybe a few grand in mods showed up 60+ grand in vehicle, parts, and labor. Cheers!

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
Your 20 grand car with maybe a few grand in mods showed up 60+ grand in vehicle, parts, and labor. Cheers!

60k!?!?!?! 03 M3 can be had for $18,000 just found 3 on auto trader , it doesn't take 40k to turbo a E46 ..lol

Nice kill though , if that guys was smarter he would have turbo'd a E36 M and it would have been even closer .

Last edited:

usmc320

Established Member

Here we go again. Just because you can make a car faster for less money doesn't make it better. A BMW M3 costs more because they use higher quality materials and newer technology. That matters more to most people than 1/4 mile times.

Regardless good kill OP.

Last edited:

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
Here we go again. Just because you can make a car faster for less money doesn't make it better. A BMW M3 costs more because they use higher quality materials and newer technology. That matters more to most people than 1/4 mile times.

Regardless good kill OP.

Amen...

Last edited:

d3m01iti0n

Slow Vehicle Team
Established Member
So a poster says the car is 45k new, next guy says its 15k to turbo it, but Im wrong? LOL.

And obviously if you not only bought an M3 but you also turbo'd it, you will perhaps have a SLIGHT interest in its performance. In the long run the M3 is a far better car, but its good to see the Cobra squeeze him out when the average BMW owner is going to look down on the Ford. Untwist your panties people.

USS EGO KILLER

Established Member
So a poster says the car is 45k new, next guy says its 15k to turbo it, but Im wrong? LOL.

And obviously if you not only bought an M3 but you also turbo'd it, you will perhaps have a SLIGHT interest in its performance. In the long run the M3 is a far better car, but its good to see the Cobra squeeze him out when the average BMW owner is going to look down on the Ford. Untwist your panties people.

you said a 20k car beat a 60k car.03 cobra wasn't 20k new so I was assuming you were using current values.

Users who are viewing this thread