03 Cobra vs Twin Turbo Supra

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
Thats sooo badass!

Finally a 03 romping on a modded stupra, i hate all these vids where theres a 900whp supra beaing a 03 cobra and their all like, damn cobras are slow and never win, yet theres only 2 900whp stupras within 1900 miles of each other and theres 30 03 cobras in each state in the 11s lol. Supras are only godly uptop with single turbo full $10,000 in mods conversions lol. Otherwise, their just jap sports cars, still fast but common, z06s and 03 cobras rule from a roll.:beer:

brentfd

Established Member
Yea, repost... but real good vid.

Ramair freak- there is way more than two 900 rwhp supras in that range. Try mabye 20-30. Keep in mind, a supra doesnt have to be a big single to have a good top end, as proved in the video. :)

Last edited:

1sicsol

Established Member
It's funny because you never see Supras getting beat on their own board. Good to see the other end of the stick on this board. They play it out like they never get beat anyway.

r6bullet

Established Member
Just wondering, does rolling up your windows make any differance? I know it reduces drag, but I noticed that the cobra rolled his windows up everytime. Maybe that is his version of NOS, lol
But serisoly does it make a differance?

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
its easy to say that supras basically dominate the highway. They usually do. but you are comparing a modded '03 cobra against a basically stock Supra. He hasnt done anything to the top or botom end of the engine, nothing to tranny/diff, and no upgrade on turbo system other than a blow off valve. Basically he has exhaust and a chip is what it comes down to. The supra videos you see of people getting owned in their 500-550 rwhp cobras by supras are of course way more heavily modified than this one was.

BTW- yes it is a repost, but I am glad that you did b/c I need to replenish my video collection after a format that cost me all of them. :(

nytmare00gt

Established Member
that cobra was pretty close to stock as well, just think what he would have done to that supra if his car was pullied

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
Vanride, where did it say he only had a exhuast, chip and bov? Common, a heavily modded TWIN turbo doesnt exactly dominate a 03 cobra market, a "descent" bolt on modded 03 will run 11s right? trap about a buck twenty? I wouldnt be pissin my pants if a saw a NON single turbo supra come rolling along... Whats the fastest non NOS a twin turbo stock turbo supra has trapped? Ive seen a couple single turbo conversions trap 117-124mph. Thats fast as hell, but thats a big single with cams, everything tons of mods here in NJ. Guy was even racing a 12.0 03 cobra, the cobra ended up going 11.90s and the supra tuned the whole day i guess or messed with boost pressure and beat him one time with a 11.77.

I had a single turbo run me from a 85mph roll in my gtp, lol, i think i pulled a few inches on him while he sat and spooled up then was like an f18 took off next to me :bash: but, everyones told me single turbos sound like that, it had a lotta lag but was gone! within seconds he put 8-15 cars on me. Im sure he trapped around the 130mph mark.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Originally posted by brentfd
Yea, repost... but real good vid.

Ramair freak- there is way more than two 900 rwhp supras in that range. Try mabye 20-30. Keep in mind, a supra doesnt have to be a big single to have a good top end, as proved in the video. :)
[/QUOTE

Yep, and theres about to be a 1250+ RWHP supra that going to be driven on the street alot in **..with a 6-speed tranny....how cool is that

:beer:

Nexxus

Established Member
Originally posted by ramairfreak98ss
theres only 2 900whp stupras within 1900 miles of each other
still fast but common

rare, yet common?:??:

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Originally posted by ramairfreak98ss
Vanride, where did it say he only had a exhuast, chip and bov? Common, a heavily modded TWIN turbo doesnt exactly dominate a 03 cobra market, a "descent" bolt on modded 03 will run 11s right? trap about a buck twenty? I wouldnt be pissin my pants if a saw a NON single turbo supra come rolling along... Whats the fastest non NOS a twin turbo stock turbo supra has trapped? Ive seen a couple single turbo conversions trap 117-124mph. Thats fast as hell, but thats a big single with cams, everything tons of mods here in NJ. Guy was even racing a 12.0 03 cobra, the cobra ended up going 11.90s and the supra tuned the whole day i guess or messed with boost pressure and beat him one time with a 11.77.

Any single with cams is typically at least at the 650rwhp mark so unless his intake was full of sand there is little chance that he would be trapping 117-124mph.

In response to your question about the fastest trapping stock turbo (non NOS) Supra, I believe the record is 125mph held by a few folks.

Users who are viewing this thread