'03 Cobra Wheel Question

MineralStang

Established Member
Hello everyone! I'm getting '03 Cobra (Machined) rims for my '02 GT in the spring and had an odd question. I know the FR500's have "Ford Racing" on the rim itself, making it noticible that the rim is a FR rim. Is there anything on the '03 Cobra rims to distinguish it from the many replicas out there? I was going to buy the FR versions because I feel more secure about their quality, but I was also hoping that it would be obvious they are FR and not a knock-off. Any help would be great! Thanks. :thumbsup:

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
i have my original set of satin(machined) 17s that came on my car and I also have AFS repo 18's on it now in the same finish. The finish on the AFS's look better than the originals so you may want to check on those too.

MineralStang

Established Member
Thanks for the info! Thats the kind of stuff I'm looking for. AFS was one of the main other replica companies I was going to buy from. Thats good that the finish is equal or better than the stockers on them. I also don't want to pay $690 for the FR rims when I can get the AFS for $530 if they are going to be just as good. Anyone else with any info?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
well its not about 03 cobra wheels but heres my experience. I had stock 17" bullitts on my car when I got it, well I swapped them out with some Wheel Replica 17" DD chrome bullitts and they had the same quality as my stocker's from the factory. I also had a set of AFS black chrome bullitts. Again they had great quality. If I went with another mustang type wheel id go with AFS or Wheel Replicas.

MineralStang

Established Member
Thanks mineral, I was leaning towards the AFS's if I'm going to get the replicas. They will be about $140 cheaper total than the Ford Racing ones if I go that direction. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread