03 Cobra Whistle problem...HELP!

SmoknCobra03

Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra...had the motor rebuilt with all new internals bout a yr ago. Recently its started making a high pitch whistle noise once the car gets up to temp. Ive checked all the pullies and no luck also have good vac so this noise has me puzzled. It starts once the car gets up to temp at idle and while cruising at a steady speed. Once it starts while cruising if u give it a little throttle it goes away then comes back once I start goin steady. It also does it when i come to a stop at idle accept when i rev the car it keeps goin. Once the car is turned off it keeps going for a good 10-15 secs once the car is off which is what has me stumped... Any suggestions? thanks in advance :bowdown:

Jefe

Established Member
Gonna have to pin point it. Any video of it? Ummm hellraiser? Why have you been holding out on us? :rolling: How is it? How much boost?

Digital

Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra...had the motor rebuilt with all new internals bout a yr ago. Recently its started making a high pitch whistle noise once the car gets up to temp. Ive checked all the pullies and no luck also have good vac so this noise has me puzzled. It starts once the car gets up to temp at idle and while cruising at a steady speed. Once it starts while cruising if u give it a little throttle it goes away then comes back once I start goin steady. It also does it when i come to a stop at idle accept when i rev the car it keeps goin. Once the car is turned off it keeps going for a good 10-15 secs once the car is off which is what has me stumped... Any suggestions? thanks in advance :bowdown:

For the life of me I forget the name of this part. But check it. I had a similar issue on the dyno when it got bumped some how.

19992000200120022003200.jpg

SmoknCobra03

Established Member
its comin from the front of the motor right around the water pump...its not the pump tho...im wonderin if it could b the line that comes out of the bottom of the lower intake and runs through the valley...it deff sounds like a vac leak but i have no idea what else is up there

Jefe

Established Member
Do you have an aftermarket boost/vacuum gauge? that would tell you its a leak somewhere

Jefe

Established Member
AC on? Vac should be at 21-22 with AC off, unless your gauge doesnt sit right at 0 with the key turned to Acc

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
High boost will pop vacuum lines off of cars that normally never have that issue.

Check every single vacuum connection and line from start to finish. Hard lines can rub through or split.

An unlit propane torch is a great way to locate difficult to find vacuum leaks. The idle will raise up when the nozzle gets close to the leak.

The whistle after shut down for a few seconds is a dead give away that it is a vacuum leak.

Users who are viewing this thread