'03 Corba

LimpStimpy

Established Member
Has Anyone heard the news on the '03 Cobra? It has around 390hp. And I Heard the it runs the 1/4 around 100mph. Is Ford Upping the Hp on the new Lightings Also? Or is the Cobra the New fastest stock SVT?

Slick2kL

Established Member
From the article I read that someone scanned the new Cobra is the fastest SVT cobra. It got upped to 390HP and it runs the quarter with an estimated 110mph trap speed. It is the 32v V8 cobra engine with a eaton blower on it pushing a few lbs of boost.

Slick

whip

Established Member
Yikes! 390 hp! I love that my L has been king of the hill, but I get mad when I think that the fastest vehicle Ford puts out is a pick up. (don't get me wrong, I would never, and have never owned a vehicle that didn't have a bed) How does this new Cobra fair against the Viper or the 405hp Z06? Is that the Cobra R, or did they do away with the R for 03? Glad to hear Ford has a respectable CAR again!

Mr_Mischief67

Established Member
Originally posted by Slick2kL
From the article I read that someone scanned the new Cobra is the fastest SVT cobra. It got upped to 390HP and it runs the quarter with an estimated 110mph trap speed. It is the 32v V8 cobra engine with a eaton blower on it pushing a few lbs of boost.

Slick

Hey Slick,
How can i get a copy of that article?

Blown SVT 00

Established Member
The last year for the Cobra R was 2000 and only 300 were made. And since the R has like 285 hp im sure the new Cobra will give it a run for its $$ if it has 390hp.

whip

Established Member
Ummm, I could be retarded or something, but...
Doesn't the R have 385 horses, not 285? High 12 second quarters??

Users who are viewing this thread