03 DSG Cobra, 15k Miles, 508/530, Perfect!

turbochad

Got Boost
Established Member
I am thinking about selling my 03 Cobra to try to purchase a Shelby in the future. This is a no excuse, 2 owner car that has never been in the rain and is always garaged. The previous owner was a fanatic about maintenance and keeping the car detailed and I am the same way. It has had nothing but Mobil 1 ran through it every 3k miles. When I purchased the car it was basically stock and I have only put about 1,300 miles on the car since I have owned it. It has never been a daily driver, just a weekend car. I have all the receipts, documentation, original paperwork, and dyno sheets on the car. All motor mods have less than 600 miles on them and the only 2 people who have worked on the car is our master SVT tech at work and Ken at Modular Depot. This car has a perfect combo of power, braking, suspension, and interior upgrades. I also took on the task of doing the pain in the ass head cooling mod and expensive IRS upgrades before adding any power to the car which alot of people never address. There has never been a tick, vibration, or pull in this car, it is perfect!

Mods Include:
K&N FIPK
Stieg. Stage IV Blower Port
Stieg. Ported TB and Plenum
Billetflow 2.93 Upper w/ Snub Idler
KB BAP
Diablo Mafia
NGK TR6's
Mac Prochamber
Borla Stinger Cat-back
Head Cooling Mod
LFP Heat Exchanger
MGW Shifter
Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Eibach Front Springs
Maximum Motorsport Subframe Connectors
Bullet-proof IRS w/ Delrin Control Arm Bushings,Aluminum Diff Bushings, Urethane Subframe Bushings, IRS Brackets, Billetflow brace, Thicker Sealed Diff Cover, Level 2 Halfshafts, etc.
Fully Adj. Rear Coilovers
Corbeau CR1 Front Seats, Rear Seat Delete
Anniversary Wheels w/ 2,500 Original Miles

I am going to have to have around 29k for the car. Some may think this is a bit high, but if you could find a perfect DSG car with these miles you would pay around 25-26k for it. If you then modded it like this one you would easily have another 7-8K in it so this may work out better for someone who wants a 500rwhp car that they can get in and go. Also keep in mind this car was untouched up until about 600 miles ago and it has never been to the track. Ken at Modular Depot put a very safe tune in it as I am only running 20 degrees of timing. I have a ton of pics and if you need more info please pm me for my phone number. I will post pics up later tonight.

turbochad

Got Boost
Established Member
Some of these are with the chrome wheels, but you get the idea.

Driverclose.jpg

DriverFront.jpg

Passside.jpg

PassFront.jpg

04Wheels3.jpg

Last edited:

turbochad

Got Boost
Established Member
I wouldn't mind a trade, but I owe money on the car and I doubt the bank would go for it. If you sell yours let me know, thanks.

turbochad

Got Boost
Established Member
The car is now being held for the first person who pm'd me on it. He is sending a deposit tomorrow. If something falls through I will contact those of you who pm'd me and see if you are still interested, but I believe this guy is an honest person. Thanks for all the interest though.

Air Speed.

Banned
turbochad said:
I am thinking about selling my 03 Cobra to try to purchase a Shelby in the future. This is a no excuse, 2 owner car that has never been in the rain and is always garaged. The previous owner was a fanatic about maintenance and keeping the car detailed and I am the same way. It has had nothing but Mobil 1 ran through it every 3k miles. When I purchased the car it was basically stock and I have only put about 1,300 miles on the car since I have owned it. It has never been a daily driver, just a weekend car. I have all the receipts, documentation, original paperwork, and dyno sheets on the car. All motor mods have less than 600 miles on them and the only 2 people who have worked on the car is our master SVT tech at work and Ken at Modular Depot. This car has a perfect combo of power, braking, suspension, and interior upgrades. I also took on the task of doing the pain in the ass head cooling mod and expensive IRS upgrades before adding any power to the car which alot of people never address. There has never been a tick, vibration, or pull in this car, it is perfect!

Mods Include:
K&N FIPK
Stieg. Stage IV Blower Port
Stieg. Ported TB and Plenum
Billetflow 2.93 Upper w/ Snub Idler
KB BAP
Diablo Mafia
NGK TR6's
Mac Prochamber
Borla Stinger Cat-back
Head Cooling Mod
LFP Heat Exchanger
MGW Shifter
Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors
Eibach Front Springs
Maximum Motorsport Subframe Connectors
Bullet-proof IRS w/ Delrin Control Arm Bushings,Aluminum Diff Bushings, Urethane Subframe Bushings, IRS Brackets, Billetflow brace, Thicker Sealed Diff Cover, Level 2 Halfshafts, etc.
Fully Adj. Rear Coilovers
Corbeau CR1 Front Seats, Rear Seat Delete
Anniversary Wheels w/ 2,500 Original Miles

I am going to have to have around 29k for the car. Some may think this is a bit high, but if you could find a perfect DSG car with these miles you would pay around 25-26k for it. If you then modded it like this one you would easily have another 7-8K in it so this may work out better for someone who wants a 500rwhp car that they can get in and go. Also keep in mind this car was untouched up until about 600 miles ago and it has never been to the track. Ken at Modular Depot put a very safe tune in it as I am only running 20 degrees of timing. I have a ton of pics and if you need more info please pm me for my phone number. I will post pics up later tonight.

Nice ride bro, the mileage on your car will command the price you are asking for sure. However Mods don't add to the resale value of any car. Stock unmolested cars are more valuable than moded cars. Regardless of who performed the work or how much power the car produces. To the average buyer multiple owner high HP cars and mods= abuse.

Bump for clean low miles DSG Cobra 15K miles is nuts!!! :beer:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
You say that because you're trying to sell YOUR unmodded car on here also....

I disagree with you completely, and ultimately the car will find the right buyer either way....

Air Speed.

Banned
DKS2814V said:

I disagree with you completely, and ultimately the car will find the right buyer either way....

I disagree with you completely, and ultimately

A performance board does not represent the view points of the average used performacne car buyer. Nor does it dictate what types of cars a used car buyer is looking for. If his 15 thousand mile cobra was bone stock it would have been sold in minutes in the right arena. Notice i said the car (will command his asking price) Ultimately the market place will determine a cars desirability not message board sentiment.

No offense but you are incorrect. Stock cars are infinitely more desirable than moded ones. No one wants someone else's moded and beat on problems. This is often the general method of thinking of a used performance car buyer. If you don't believe me, just do a little bit of market research. Now lets not whore his thread with anymore banter.

Best regards,

spraying away

Tough Guy!
Established Member
Air Speed. said:
A performance board does not represent the view points of the average used performacne car buyer. Nor does it dictate what types of cars a used car buyer is looking for. If his 15 thousand mile cobra was bone stock it would have been sold in minutes in the right arena. Notice i said the car (will command his asking price) Ultimately the market place will determine a cars desirability not message board sentiment.

No offense but you are incorrect. Stock cars are infinitely more desirable than moded ones. No one wants someone else's moded and beat on problems. This is often the general method of thinking of a used performance car buyer. If you don't believe me, just do a little bit of market research. Now lets not whore his thread with anymore banter.

Best regards,
The car sold within 5 days. Mods helped if anything. :thumbsup:

Air Speed.

Banned
Hermes said:
Airspeed,

Are you a buyer? If not, who cares what you believe?

Good points,

However i "believe" i was looking at your car as a replacement for mine until carfax showed me its been wrecked and has a expired Warranty

SkipBuxton

Established Member
And I bet you didnt disclose at your own discretion to the buyer that it has been crashed at some point :fm: ...........Dishonest sellers = :nonono:

Either way he sold it and that is all he cared about !

Users who are viewing this thread