03 DSG vs Super Snake

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Guys just like the title says:

Do you think i would have a shot at all?

Why? Or...Why Not?

Thank's guys!

My mods are in my sig.......:rockon:

UncleDan

Established Member
I think you would have a good shot at taking one down. 646rwhp is nothing to trifle with... and correct me if I'm wrong, but the "super snake" package comes with 2 optional levels right? One of them gives you 630 horsepower and the other is 725 horsepower. Of course that's at the flywheel.... so you have the advantage there.

The super snake with 725 horsepower is probably hovering around the same rwhp as you, so I think that would be a pretty close race.

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Dan! I really appreciate the input! I am just trying to gain some knowledge and see if anyone has ever ran into one! I know of one where I live. It was parked at the local car show right next to me! Talk about sexy!

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
It is just bone stock from the factory! the tag says 725! Both the owners of the car are very good people and friends of mine!

UncleDan

Established Member
I have never personally seen a super snake but they look beautiful and very very mean! It would be a close one, but I'm still gunna say you'd win.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
dsg fastest color lol...I think it will be a fun race either way...you have to get that on vid though man

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
It would be a close race I think! The people that own it are outstanding people! I think the SAuper Snake comes with a 2.8 Mammouth on it if I am correct?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I believe it comes with either a 2.6 or 2.8. Can't recall.

You should have it in the bag, not by much though.

As I recall, an average driver with DR's took the 725HP Super Snake down the 1/4, and hit a 10.98 @ 135 or something Stock. No power mods, just tires and good shifting.

Don't quote me on the numbers though. Even though they weigh a good amount, they move.

Nice numbers BTW OP :D

evolve

Established Member
I believe it comes with either a 2.6 or 2.8. Can't recall.

You should have it in the bag, not by much though.

As I recall, an average driver with DR's took the 725HP Super Snake down the 1/4, and hit a 10.98 @ 135 or something Stock. No power mods, just tires and good shifting.

Don't quote me on the numbers though. Even though they weigh a good amount, they move.

Nice numbers BTW OP :D

:eek:

TorchMach

Established Member
No you dont have a chance...

I kid I kid, go for it man should be fun either way. That's also a car you shouldn't mind losing to, however doubt you will. You have the upper hand. Please just record it and get back to us. A pic as well of the SS.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Of course it's modded... Supersnake = KB swap, pulley, tune, etc. from the factory. Not much else you can do with it.

There is a lot of things a SS owner can do to it!

Op, unless the guy has some more mods done to it, I think you have a good chance. The 725hp is crank not rwhp, if the guy changed the big ass upper then he will give a lot better fight. Look at the upper pulley if it says super snake on it he has not changed it. I dont think they offer any other upper that says it on it other than the one that comes with the kit from shelby.

need it

Established Member
you win hands down. power to weight!!!! nuff said..plus 725 is to the crank not wheels..

Users who are viewing this thread