03 ETA advised last night

eddy z

Established Member
well, sports fans, I got that call from my delaership last night at 7pm... First of all, as I have noticed on this forum and from past experineces with most dealerships. They are not the best source of info, ect... And I will leave it at that.... Now, there are some good guys out there that run a class act, with no bones about it dealership.. Now, the dealership(Chicagoland) I bought 03 from plus bought my 98 back in 98 from these guys. This dealership has been friends of the family for several years... Basically, all of our family memebers go to these guys, and this dealership gives us the gold card treatment with no issues, bs, and straight up good numbers... A true pleasure to do business with... Anyways enough of the history speech, on why they can be trusted, ect...

Here is the scope of ETA... Confirmation arrived late last week car was to be shipped out on 5/28/02... Another final confirmation came over last night advising the dealership the car would hit first week in JUne... But my guy said, knowing ford on how slow they get cars out of the plant, I would add a week to that.. He felt strong the car would hit his floor the week of June 10... He advised my car is the first car that his delaership is getting from the allotment of 9 cars in the first run.. Chances are, he will put my car in the show room for a day or two until i can get down there... I have no issues with this, as I trust notthing will happend to it...

Again, if this occurs, I ma fired up.. Afte all, when I placed my order request back in Feb., I was advised orginally the car would not hit until Mid July.. So, far as I am concerned, the car is in One month sooner than later... I feel confident my car will arrive on the week advised.. The light at theend of the tunnel is near...

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Whoo Hoo!

Congrats Eddy

Now this is the stuff we have been waiting for...

And by the way... If we had all been told July in the first place we would all be overwhelmded with June Delivery...

I am however happy again...

They are shipping....!!!!!

:burnout:

skstang

Established Member
Lets hope so Eddy Z. Being that we have the same car and our vin is close to each other I rather doubt you will see it so soon. VOPC has a build date on mine of June 17th. Maybe they dont have the whole story though. Knowone knows. Since I baught mine in Wisconsin I should get mine an hour before you do. Ha Ha Just kidding

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Vin number doesnt have anything to do with production...

They pull orders on a lot of other criteria...

Black box manager magic... stuff tech guys like myself are too stupid to ever understand, because it doesn't involve math or real science, it can only be learned either at Harvard Business School or by years of intense research of the Dilbert principle.

eddy z

Established Member
yep, I am fired up... I can't wait, and happy to see shippments are occuring... This has been great news.... Ido question that VOPC deal.. Not certain where my dealership got there info from, I should have asked... He just kept saying this is what ford hq was advising, along with other cars inbound... The old load ticket of inbound cars to his dealership of shippment... Great news.. As our cars should be hitting dealerships through out June...

Users who are viewing this thread