03 exaust advice

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Just wanting some advice on what cat back to go with. I want something that is not much louder than stock but with a deep tone. Also will putting headers on and a cat back but keeping the stock cats void waranty?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Headers for sure and midpipe in most cases would void a warranty! The catback on the other hand would not. I'd look into the Steeda Catback if I were you. it seems like thats the sound you're looking for. I had it on my Cobra and it was just a touch louder than stock (volume wise) but was a hell of a lot deeper.

Blk04Svt

Established Member
I have the Steeda Cat-Back on my 04 Cobra. Stock headers and H-pipe, sounds deep and no drone. Borla makes it for Steeda by the way.

2003 Silver

Banned
toomanymustangs said:
Just wanting some advice on what cat back to go with. I want something that is not much louder than stock but with a deep tone. Also will putting headers on and a cat back but keeping the stock cats void waranty?

I will have a Steeda c/b within 1 week to sell...@ 6 weeks old (minimal winter mileage...maybe 70 miles)....will also throw in SLP 3.5" double wall tips (need hangers to be tack welded on and then have tips welded on).

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
I will have a Steeda c/b within 1 week to sell...@ 6 weeks old (minimal winter mileage...maybe 70 miles)....will also throw in SLP 3.5" double wall tips (need hangers to be tack welded on and then have tips welded on).

Are the pipes rusted at all. Id imagine that if a car gets drivin in the salt over there it could reek havic. keep me in touch about the cat back. how did it sound? I dont want to attract anymore attention than i have to.

2003 Silver

Banned
toomanymustangs said:
Are the pipes rusted at all. Id imagine that if a car gets drivin in the salt over there it could reek havic. keep me in touch about the cat back. how did it sound? I dont want to attract anymore attention than i have to.

Shouldn't be.....I washed the car after every time out and sprayed under the car. My car is lowered so I can't get under there to confirm. It sounds very good IMO....you will be happy if you go this route! I will PM you when it is off....car is garaged and covered BTW.

2003 Silver

Banned
Damn...I always picture Montana as being snowed in for the winter. Listening to Hank Jr. and seeing Grizzlies frolicking in the deep snow!!! We are expecting 10" + tomorrow...Nor'easter! Need Spring rather badly right about now....

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
1268Melberger said:
Damn...I always picture Montana as being snowed in for the winter. Listening to Hank Jr. and seeing Grizzlies frolicking in the deep snow!!! We are expecting 10" + tomorrow...Nor'easter! Need Spring rather badly right about now....

Nah not much snow because it warms up and melts real quick, Although over christmas we had about a week of 20+ below zero highs. But its about 40 degrees know(in the middle of the state where im from) :rockon:

BiZ

Established Member
Maganaflows are probably what you are looking for. They are not much louder than stock at idle and cruise. They get a bit louder when you stomp the throttle. I am very pleased with them so far.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I chose magnaflow because of the great sound, mellow when crusing, nascar when the time is right, and price. If I remember correctly I paid 369 or so to my door. Magnaflow is all stainless as well, and thier fit and finish was beyond my expectations. Magnaflow gets a big :rockon:

toomanymustangs

Philosopher
Established Member
Thanks for all the advice guys! I want to eliminate the cats since we dont have emisions testing here :D

If I take the cats off, what do I need to do with the O2 sensors? Those of you without cats, what X-pipe did you use? I have a Bassini on my 01 GT and it sounds pretty good but what about Magnaflow? How much did you pay?

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
something that the other guys havent said is the ease of installation and perfect fit you get with the maganaflows. my set on my cobra went on very easy and sounds and fits great

BiZ

Established Member
swlacobra said:
something that the other guys havent said is the ease of installation and perfect fit you get with the maganaflows. my set on my cobra went on very easy and sounds and fits great

I agree. It took about an hour to get them installed and the tips lined up nice. Easiest exhaust I have installed so far.

Users who are viewing this thread