03 exhaust

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
Just looking for opinions here... A local motorsports shop here in Texas (specializing in stangs) said they had a mac catback system 2.5 / 3.5 tips that was on another kids snake for about a week but the guy couldnt afford the insurance. Shop told me they would sell the mac cat sytem to me for 300 even.. I took a looksee and it appeared pretty clean.... was planning on the bassani x pipe w/ it.. good idea/ deal?

Also what do most of u guys do w/ the old stock exhaust system? Is it not worth the hassle of keeping it/ selling etc? just looking for thoughts..thx
sky

Cat Breath

Established Member
I'll probably junk it all myself. Who would want it? The cat-back wont even fit on a non IRS stang. Since I'm putting in long tubes, I really won't want to relive that experience by taking them out someday so there go the headers and stock catback as well. I just may save the stock cat pipe. That can go for an easy $200-300 to someone who really needs one.

nsreed

Established Member
The price of fun

I put my stock exhaust upstairs in my garage attic. Not sure if it really has any value other then keeping it for the original parts should someone want that if I sell the car. Can't even make a flower pot out of them. Ford took them off the 01's because they suck and we all are doing the same on our 03's.

Be sure to write and thank the government for all of us having to spend $600 to $1500 for exhaust to make a car run & sound as it should. Noise regulations..... yeah if they say so!!
Also be sure to especially thank them for the $1000 fuel guzzler tax and of course here in Michigan the 6% sales tax. When I add it all up it, it's $3780 for all the fun!
Bastards!:cuss:

i8u

Established Member
I would definetly keep all your stock parts in case you need to take it back to the dealor with no warrenty issues.
Also I have found a few 3inch catback systems for around $370-$380 new. Just thinking that a 3inch system would be more benificial. What do you guys think?Just my .02 .

CWCobra

Established Member
I just ordered the FR500 cat-back system...hope I did the right thing! Read a couple of posts which said good things about it. Didn't want the loudness of Flowmaster or Magnaflow...should be here Wednesday. I know what I'll be doing on the 4th! I'll post after I put it on.
Later,
CW

gcawad

Established Member
CWCobra, I just put the FR500 on my coupe. It is quieter than I thought it would be. Sounds nice though.

Users who are viewing this thread