03 gets spanked on Woodward

MARK C

Established Member
unit213 said:
You're going to need all that though because you're only making 418rwhp. Us '03 Cobra guys are making 100, 200, 300 more hp to the wheels.

Not trying to be a dick, just pointing out the obvious.

Gee, Thanks for pointing out that I make 418rwhp...I forgot how much hp MY Cobra makes. Look I won a race...and thought I would share it with a few fellow Cobra owners. I know that I can't win them all...neither can you.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Nice kill :thumbsup:. Ive raced a few 03's out there. I usually have them through 2nd and then they tear me apart when i hit 3rd gear :burnout:.

BTW, I'll try and make it out to woodward more often. My car is the zinc yellow one with the BBS wheels and autobot sticker in the back window :thumbsup:

joegt38

Established Member
nikemason said:
its simple, stock pulley cobras are not fast. stock pulley cobras only push 6-8psi. most people who get beat have stock pulley so many people say "wait till he gets a pulley" because simply, a pullied/chip cobra is just lethal and chances of beating one is very slim unless you are heavily modded. sure you can also change your pulley but ask yourself this, you really think you can be pushing 15psi like the 03/04 can safely and have your car see another 1,000 miles? I didn't think so.
Im pushin 11psi for a few years now and I don't have to many problems with most pullied cobras...

BTW nice kill, pullied cobras are beast but can be beatin like everything else unlike some think.... "watch out for a tune and pulley, the outcome will be different" :rollseyes

MARK C

Established Member
wals9331 said:
Nice kill :thumbsup:. Ive raced a few 03's out there. I usually have them through 2nd and then they tear me apart when i hit 3rd gear :burnout:.

BTW, I'll try and make it out to woodward more often. My car is the zinc yellow one with the BBS wheels and autobot sticker in the back window :thumbsup:
Look foward to seeing you! :)

Blackie

MARK C said:
Gee, Thanks for pointing out that I make 418rwhp...I forgot how much hp MY Cobra makes. Look I won a race...and thought I would share it with a few fellow Cobra owners. I know that I can't win them all...neither can you.

:beer: Nice Kill

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
MARK C said:

Nice freakin' kill man. :rockon:

stangfreak

Established Member
joegt38 said:
Im pushin 11psi for a few years now and I don't have to many problems with most pullied cobras...

BTW nice kill, pullied cobras are beast but can be beatin like everything else unlike some think.... "watch out for a tune and pulley, the outcome will be different" :rollseyes

why the roll eyes? so we just made a statement that pullied cobras are faster than stock. the outcome of the race would have been different what do you want me to say? lie to the guy and say noway your car will still kill the cobra. we were not doggin the guy, hes got a fast 95 cobra thats it, he won end of story.

and i am not going to lie about this either. yes pullied 03's are deadly. they run mid to low 11's. thts fantastic if you ask me.

joegt38

Established Member
stangfreak said:
why the roll eyes? so we just made a statement that pullied cobras are faster than stock. the outcome of the race would have been different what do you want me to say? lie to the guy and say noway your car will still kill the cobra. we were not doggin the guy, hes got a fast 95 cobra thats it, he won end of story.

and i am not going to lie about this either. yes pullied 03's are deadly. they run mid to low 11's. thts fantastic if you ask me.
I know there faster then stock but right away you comment makes it seem like a pullied Cobra can't be beat. He still may be able to take a pullied Cobra, I hate the fact EVERYTIME someone beats a stock Cobra someone has to say wait till he gets a pulley, or ya beat a pullied Cobra then is wait till hes ported...God I can keep going, someone beats a ported blower "wait till hes KB'ed, then KB'ed and spray.... Give me a break, tell the guy nice kill!!! Cause he may come across a pullied Cobra and the outcome may be the same! So yes I will :rolleyes: roll my eyes ya sound like a damn ricer!

joegt38

Established Member
stangfreak said:

BTW 90% of pullied Cobras run high 11s, ya don't see them runnin low11s unless there runnin a tire and solid axle... From what I noticed. I know many pullied Cobras in street trim and the best is 11.7 @ 119mph. I know they can run low 11s but it wouldn't be in street trim.

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
joegt38 said:
BTW 90% of pullied Cobras run high 11s, ya don't see them runnin low11s unless there runnin a tire and solid axle... From what I noticed. I know many pullied Cobras in street trim and the best is 11.7 @ 119mph. I know they can run low 11s but it wouldn't be in street trim.

I'm not gonna get into this useless argument except to point out that some folks like me, run MT Radials as daily tires cause they last longer than street tires do. The added benefit of being able to use 1st doesn't hurt either. SRA? I don't need no stinkin' SRA. I can launch just fine with no hop with my IRS.

joegt38

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
I'm not gonna get into this useless argument except to point out that some folks like me, run MT Radials as daily tires cause they last longer than street tires do. The added benefit of being able to use 1st doesn't hurt either. SRA? I don't need no stinkin' SRA. I can launch just fine with no hop with my IRS.
I understand its possible to hit them times and even with IRS so yes I do kinda take back my comment about the solid axle. But most of your basic pullied Cobra that are making 450-460 rwhp are hitting high 11s. Now as far as myself when I was pushing 412rwhp and even alittle less I was able to beat many well driven pullied Cobras making about 50 more rwhp, but from a roll it was a different story...
Even at the NMRA Ive seen many pullied Cobras pulling between 11.7-12.2... There were 2 solid axle Cobras runnin lower 11s (pullied) and one IRS in the low 11 but he broke a half shaft.

I know what the cobra can do even at there weight, they are beasts and I have alot of respect for them. Many of my friends own them, my problem with the thread is the fact when some one beats one some people gotta pull the ricer shit and be like well if he was pullied or KBed it would be a different story. Thats uncalled for, a nice kill is a nice kill :rockon: , when its a clean kill unlike on some other boards.... :burn:

:beer:

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
I agree with that shit. Who cares what a pullied Cobra can do, this one wasn't pullied so it don't mean nothin'. It's kinda like the Z06 guys saying..., "Well, if mine was supercharged or if mine was spraying....." Whatever, run what ya brung.

joegt38

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
I agree with that shit. Who cares what a pullied Cobra can do, this one wasn't pullied so it don't mean nothin'. It's kinda like the Z06 guys saying..., "Well, if mine was supercharged or if mine was spraying....." Whatever, run what ya brung.
Xactly! :thumbsup:

dopefedz

Established Member
joegt38 said:
I understand its possible to hit them times and even with IRS so yes I do kinda take back my comment about the solid axle. But most of your basic pullied Cobra that are making 450-460 rwhp are hitting high 11s. Now as far as myself when I was pushing 412rwhp and even alittle less I was able to beat many well driven pullied Cobras making about 50 more rwhp, but from a roll it was a different story...
Even at the NMRA Ive seen many pullied Cobras pulling between 11.7-12.2... There were 2 solid axle Cobras runnin lower 11s (pullied) and one IRS in the low 11 but he broke a half shaft.

I know what the cobra can do even at there weight, they are beasts and I have alot of respect for them. Many of my friends own them, my problem with the thread is the fact when some one beats one some people gotta pull the ricer shit and be like well if he was pullied or KBed it would be a different story. Thats uncalled for, a nice kill is a nice kill :rockon: , when its a clean kill unlike on some other boards.... :burn:

:beer:

I agree. A kill is a kill.

MARK C

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:

Could'nt have said it better myself! :D

Users who are viewing this thread