03 gt vs 07 acura tl type s

dantheman91

Established Member
i was sitting at a traffic light and i heard a car revving its engine. right then the light turns green and this acura tl type s takes off from the light and i followed him to the next traffic light. he again started revving his engine so i decided to see if my car could keep up with his. the light turns green and we both launch but i put almost three car lengths on him before i hit 70mph.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Yes, raced a family members TL type S a while ago in my wife's bone stock, 02 automatic GT and the result was about the same. I think they've got 280+ hp, so I expected better.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
i was sitting at a traffic light and i heard a car revving its engine. right then the light turns green and this acura tl type s takes off from the light and i followed him to the next traffic light. he again started revving his engine so i decided to see if my car could keep up with his. the light turns green and we both launch but i put almost three car lengths on him before i hit 70mph.

is your GT auto or 5 spd? what are your mods? cause i call :bs:

both the TL-s and the GT are mid to high 14's (seen even low 15's) at around 94-96mph. and you put 3 cars on him before 70??? :dw:
hell my 5spd max can take on fairly sotck automatic GT's (excluding the 05+)

Last edited:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member

both the TL-s and the GT are mid to high 14's (seen even low 15's) at around 94-96mph. and you put 3 cars on him before 70??? :dw:

an 03 gt is faster than mid 14's more like high 13's. Low 15's at what elevation, was the guy even trying? low 15's high 14's would be more along the lines of a 96-98 GT that were before the updated 4.6 that came around in 99.

TVSCobra

Established Member

I guess you are forgetting about torque...A stock 03 GT has around 300 torque and the TL is 256? Sounds about right to me. Mods on the GT?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
My 07 TL-S felt like a high 14-sec car. Never raced it and ended up selling it for the GS350. I loved the styling of the 07 TL-S, but the FWD wasn't fun.

s_x_i

Established Member
I had an 02 tl-s did a quick run against my friends bolt on 04 gt and he didn't start to pull till third gear. He had a buddy riding though, so I'm not sure if it made a difference.

3+ cars by 70 sounds a little much. :shrug:

00BlackGT

Established Member
When my GT was stock(er), bassani x-pipe, borla cat-back, and intake I had the same results with a TL-S... but now its procharged.

00BlackGT

Established Member
ummm, i got the kit used for 2800, then with all the supporting mods (i.e: gauges, Fuel pump, KB BAP, clutch, and dyno tune) I prolly had 4500 in it... i dont like to clculate exact totals, it pisses me off lol.

matt87

Established Member
yeah i have an 07 type s i bought new. its an auto and while quick i feel no reason a new edge gt couldnt put 3 lengths on it easily. hey its my wifes and she loves it, thats all that matters.

matt87

Established Member
well if it were a manual it woulda been a race. i ran my old rx8 against my wife and she was a little faster.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
This outcome was expected. The Acura TL type S is not a fast car. I have a friend who owns one and the best he could ever muster in the quarter mile was a 16.1 at our track which is 5300 ft above sea level. That was on a 2.1 60 foot with stock everything. Ive seen plenty of bone stock 99-04 GTs run 15.1-15.2 at the exact same track. They are clearly a faster car. The TLs are nice tho.

Users who are viewing this thread