03 Hood Paint Problems?

MinorThreat22

Established Member
The Search function won't work, and I looked back 15 pages but couldn't find anything. I know I read a post here about someone getting their hood repainted under warranty. Well, I just bought an 03, and there's a couple of tiny bubbles in the paint on the hood. Is there a TSB or recall for this? If so do I just take the TSB to the dealer and ask them to fix it? Thanks for any advice.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Yes there is a TSB...and your dealer should be aware of it. I had a big 6" crack in the paint on the front of my hood and my dealer repainted it.

apache

Established Member
Originally posted by Nicky P 03 SVT
Yes there is a TSB...and your dealer should be aware of it. I had a big 6" crack in the paint on the front of my hood and my dealer repainted it.

any idea what the TSB # is?Mine is starting to look kinda rough and I was thinking of asking Ford to repaint it as well

qball

Established Member
Originally posted by apache
any idea what the TSB # is?Mine is starting to look kinda rough and I was thinking of asking Ford to repaint it as well
No idea about the TSB, but my hood is being repainted on monday.:bash:

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I was the one who had it repainted under warranty. I had TONS of little white spots on my hood where the paint was just flaking off. There were also little spots that were bubbling up like you say where the paint was just about to fall off. I just drove mine to the body shop of the dealership I bought it from and showed the service manager and he instantly agreed that it was covered under warranty. I'm not sure quite how bad your bubble spots are though.

Users who are viewing this thread