03 KB Vert V.S. Murdered G8 GT

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
So over the weekend I was on my way up to Virginia to see some old friends. About three hours in I notice a clean looking G8 GT that was completely murdered and lowered. I love these cars, they are practically a sleeper considering they are a four door "sedan". Sure enough as I leave it pulls up in front of me to get on the highway. 20 minutes or so in, and after slowly passing each other back and forth and even giving the "nice car" nod, we FINALLY line up (I was on the phone with the wife and said "Hold on"). The guy was about in his 50's and had his wife in the car. The third honk goes and we hit it. I instantly pull a car and continue pulling as I shift into fourth. I shut down at about two and a half cars in the middle of my powerband at fourth, which was what I was expecting considering I figured that it had to be modded.

The best part about this story is that we both got off at the next rest stop and were able to admire each others' car. I LOVE these cars, they look sleek, sexy, and can put down some power with the right mods. It turns out he had H/C and put down 438 and a TON of suspension mods, the car was all around coil overed. Overall a GREAT guy and a beautiful car.

20130302162724.jpg

His mod list is:

GXP Brembo Brakes, Bumper and Diffuser
VMS DoD-Delete with heads
Pat G 218/226 .595”/.605” 114 LSA +3 Custom Cam
Crawford Intake
Kooks 1 7/8 Mids+Magnaflow X-muffler+ GXP AB
Pedders V8 SuperCar Coilover Track II w/ STB
BMR Adj LCA, Toe links & trailing arms
DBA 5000T3/4000T3 Rotors
Circle_D built 6L80E. 3.27 diff
Roto-Fab, dry
HSV badges and black trim.
MM Carbon Fiber Spoiler & Grills

Last edited:

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Man it was gorgeous, the suspension setup on that thing was PERFECT.

After we talked for a little bit I popped the hood so he could see the blower. He said "As soon as I heard the whine from the supercharger I knew I was done for." Again he was a great guy to talk to and we had huge respect for one anothers' cars.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
You tell him that they come stock with superchargers?

I got a feeling he probably knew what a terminator was/is.

Nice kill OP. You should keep a gopro mounted and ready haha. Do you have one?

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Thanks guys, and not yet da5deuce. I'm about to do a cross country drive to California to get stationed there. How far are you from 29 Palms? I might feel like surprising some GM's with you some time.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Thanks guys, and not yet da5deuce. I'm about to do a cross country drive to California to get stationed there. How far are you from 29 Palms? I might feel like surprising some GM's with you some time.

Haha nice. Let me check google maps and see, but it sounds far from my hood lmao. How long you gonna be stationed out here? We have a BIG car show annually across the street from knotts berry farm with all FORD's from panteras to Ford GT's to lightnings to Ford powered hot rods. It's called fabulous FORD's forever look it up. It's happening april 21st on a sunday.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Just checked google maps and that's 2 1/2 hours away from me haha, but we can def meet up though. I can get some other cobra/Mustang guys to come out and I'll introduce you. Great group of guys out here:thumbup:

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Hell yeah man I'll make the drive especially for a big ass car show or a good meet up. I've driven farther hah.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
You know I was actually surprised at how stock it sounded. He started it and it really didn't sound too different than a stock G8 other than the small cam lope you could hear. A very mild sounding car but great power for what it had.

Users who are viewing this thread