'03 L and Thunderform / amp size ?

BillArf

Established Member
In my'03 L, I have a Rockford Fosgate 250m Power amplifier. Currently using with a 10" Elevation subwoofer behind passenger seat in an R/T box, Clarion Power Series door speakers..
ANYWAY, I want to go with an MTX Thunderform loaded with two (2) 10" MTX 6000 speakers. Will the Fosgate 250m Power amplifier be aok to use with the additional (total of 2) 10" speakers?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
well, the clarion isnt as clear as some other brand name amps...but i know ppl need to conserve $$ when they can. when they say 250 peak, that usually means about half of that at constant power. there are ways of getting the most of your amp...i like to run sub woofers in series..meaning, your amp only thinks that its pushing one sub...mono instead of the stereo way ppl do...bass is non-directional so there is no need for a stereo hook up. i'm sure your amp will sound great (at least better then stock) with that enclosure...its the one i have also. i went with a 1000w sony xplod, i get maybe 400 constant power out of it. i believe the mtx box is ran in series so you shouldnt have to worry about that anyway. on your amp, on the left side, run the - wire to the speaker box, on the right side of the amp, run the + wire to the speakerbox.

Users who are viewing this thread