03 Lightning vs. WRX

PHX396

Established Member
On my way home from work, mind you 86 degree day in Phoenix in October lol, a guy in a WRX pulls up next to me at light. I am thinking it was 03-05. Had gauges and exhaust. I looked over but he wasn't looking at me or doing anything so I thought nothing of it. Light went green and I accelerated like any other car and he did same but then as he shifted he revved it and punched it at about 20mph. He had a full car on me by time I put it on the floor but I could't believe how fast I passed him. Maybe he was stock with exhaust and gauges IDK.

Cumbersome101

Established Member
Imports are not my favorite by no means. A import guy probably doesn't know what a lightning is capable of. I beat all the wrxs around with my 2v. Nice job man.

Fastfords

Established Member
+1...I miss my lightnings.... Just have to make due the S/C 5.0 I guess... What part of Peoria do you live in ?

PHX396

Established Member
I am off 83rd ave and Deer Valley. Yeah I haven't had too many people want to play lol a young kid in a cobalt ss was messing with me one morning at 5:30am and so I bit and it wasn't pretty, he was 5 cars back in matter of seconds. This truck is just so fun to drive.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Back when I had a turbo Supra, I raced a Lightning, but he was RIGHT behind me at the light. We both hit it from the green, and he was square on my bumper up to 80mph, before I got about 2 cars. If I had missed a gear, he woulda smashed into me. Next light we both gave a thumbs up! Fast fast fast trucks.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I had always heard from guys how fast the wrx sti cars were and i buy cars for a living so one day a 2012 sti impresa came through the auction and after the sale i went out to beat on the car a little bit ,and omg those cars stock or with exhaust are dogs the guys that say they are fast must have only drove civics or something i was not impressed at all.I guess with the right amount of money anything can be fast but for 300 and whatever horse they have it seemed more like 200 horse,I was more impressed with the volkswagon gti i bought last week that car was actually fun to drive.

bleedout

Established Member
I'D take a STI over a GTI any day, I have experience with both cars and the GTI power band is too small and its fwd, the STI being awd is the better choice, Race both from a dig and let me know the outcome. Nothing against the GTI its fun car but being up north where it snows you cant compare the two cars.

Users who are viewing this thread