03 Mach 1 build 2.0

Packerfan88

Established Member
Well everything is done minus tune. Went to crank her up and have a fuel leak from one of the hoses and had to head back to work was on my lunch break. So i will head over to the shop after work and fix the leak. I should have the start up tune tomorrow, i hope all goes well.

Packerfan88

Established Member
So went to fire up the car and it started no problem but no oil pressure and yes we primed the oil system. Soooo out comes the MMR Oil pump and in goes the Ford Racing oil pump. I'm very nervous now with my MMR shortblock

Packerfan88

Established Member
Thank man I hope so too

Yea I'm loving the saleens can't wait to adjust the ride height

Packerfan88

Established Member
Thank you! The car would be done but the MMR oil pump was defective so back apart she goes and getting put back together Monday/Tuesday

Packerfan88

Established Member
Yes tune tomorrow!
81bfcc193306f27341704f8ae42b84bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packerfan88

Established Member
The issue is still not resolved. I'll be calling them here shortly.

Packerfan88

Established Member
Last week I had an issue with the MMR "hurricane" oil pump and posted on social media about the pump, immediately I got a call from Greg at MMR asking me to take it down. I purchased the MMR shortblock from them and after everything was installed by my mechanic, my car would not build oil pressure. Called MMR to inform them of the issue. Greg at MMR told me that EVERY oil pump they ship out/use is pressure tested. One of the threads where the screw goes in on the backing plate was stripped and the screw just keep spinning and would not tighten all the way. MMR sent me another oil pump, while I returned the original pump. Installed the new oil pump and started the car. Boom! Oil pressure after 10 seconds. I called MMR to inform them of the outcome. I asked if they would be willing to help with the cost of labor that resulted in tearing down necessary components to replace the pump. MMR said they would not help with the labor costs for tear down and reassembly because they did not know for certain that my mechanic did not intentionally ruin the pump, in attempts to make a quick buck, and that my warranty would only cover this issue if I sent them my engine back. MMR essentially has accused my mechanic, a personal friend, of fraudulently tampering with the oil pump or engine to gain more money. Greg from MMR, informed me he would talk to me after he received the original oil pump and took a look at it. After speaking with him today, he saw it was stripped and they would send it to Ford Racing and have them look at it. According to Greg, the only thing MMR does to the pump, is machine them to fit on the 4.75 crank. Again I have asked that MMR assist me with paying the labor to my mechanic, MMR won't help me out with any labor costs, but will be more than happy to sell me parts at cost. My mechanic is a good friend of mine who actually had a several other projects to work on, but took my car in immediately. I want to share my experience with MMR because I believe that MMR has the opportunity to provide a higher level of customer service than what I have received, in addition I feel that MMR has unethically accused my mechanic of fraud, which should not be tolerated!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Last week I had an issue with the MMR "hurricane" oil pump and posted on social media about the pump, immediately I got a call from Greg at MMR asking me to take it down. I purchased the MMR shortblock from them and after everything was installed by my mechanic, my car would not build oil pressure. Called MMR to inform them of the issue. Greg at MMR told me that EVERY oil pump they ship out/use is pressure tested. One of the threads where the screw goes in on the backing plate was stripped and the screw just keep spinning and would not tighten all the way. MMR sent me another oil pump, while I returned the original pump. Installed the new oil pump and started the car. Boom! Oil pressure after 10 seconds. I called MMR to inform them of the outcome. I asked if they would be willing to help with the cost of labor that resulted in tearing down necessary components to replace the pump. MMR said they would not help with the labor costs for tear down and reassembly because they did not know for certain that my mechanic did not intentionally ruin the pump, in attempts to make a quick buck, and that my warranty would only cover this issue if I sent them my engine back. MMR essentially has accused my mechanic, a personal friend, of fraudulently tampering with the oil pump or engine to gain more money. Greg from MMR, informed me he would talk to me after he received the original oil pump and took a look at it. After speaking with him today, he saw it was stripped and they would send it to Ford Racing and have them look at it. According to Greg, the only thing MMR does to the pump, is machine them to fit on the 4.75 crank. Again I have asked that MMR assist me with paying the labor to my mechanic, MMR won't help me out with any labor costs, but will be more than happy to sell me parts at cost. My mechanic is a good friend of mine who actually had a several other projects to work on, but took my car in immediately. I want to share my experience with MMR because I believe that MMR has the opportunity to provide a higher level of customer service than what I have received, in addition I feel that MMR has unethically accused my mechanic of fraud, which should not be tolerated!

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Packerfan88

Established Member
Well the car did good on the conservative 91/torco tune. 556 @13 psi and 10* of timing on a mustang dyno. Will be going back for the e85 tune and turning her up.

Users who are viewing this thread