03 Mustang GT Where to start?

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
My cousin has a 2003 Mustang GT Auto.

He's very discouraged because I have a Cobra and I keep trying to get him into the car but he just keeps groaning on about it being auto and not a cobra so I made a list and I have a couple of questions about the car.

Mod List -

JLT CAI
BBK LT
Bassani X
SLP CatBack
C&L RPM Plenum
H&R Race Springs
2003 Cobra Satin Wheels
MotoBlue Underdrive Pulleys
Accufab TB
3.73 Gears

How well do AOD's hold up?

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
go with 4.10's in the auto, much more affective than 3.73's. I would think they would hold up well, with the mods you have listed on some d/r's, no reason it wouldnt be low 13's if he can get it to hook.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
dont waste money on longtubes unless your getting a blower at higher psi.

dont do underdrives, cobra wheels or plenum/tb either(unless hes doing a blower again)

slo-GT

Established Member
your list looks like you've got it figured out pretty good already.......+1 on going with the 4.10's in an auto......much more effective.

spike_africa

Established Member
4.10 gears are a better choice in an auto and you will want to do the J-mod also know as the jerry mod. You can search modular depot or Google for how to do it. Its a valve body mod to make the tranny shift faster,firmer,run cooler, last longer. It was designed by the guy who designed the 4r70w tranny so you know its good, plus its a very cheap mod to do. Also you must add a tranny cooler if you want that tranny to live long.

Last edited:

mustangGT04

Established Member
Boosted_Cobra. said:
My cousin has a 2003 Mustang GT Auto.

He's very discouraged because I have a Cobra and I keep trying to get him into the car but he just keeps groaning on about it being auto and not a cobra so I made a list and I have a couple of questions about the car.

Mod List -

JLT CAI
BBK LT
Bassani X
SLP CatBack
C&L RPM Plenum
H&R Race Springs
2003 Cobra Satin Wheels
MotoBlue Underdrive Pulleys
Accufab TB
3.73 Gears

How well do AOD's hold up?

With those mods you listed with a 2800 stall and trans cooler and welds all around and i have 4:10's instead of 3:73's and suspension mods and a tune i went 13.0 @ 101 n/a.

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
thats nuts you went that quick with just a 101mph trap. What was your 60'? Must have pulled like a dog out of the hole and up to the 1/8

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i guess what they say is true, every .1 off the 60' is .2 at the big end because compared to mine you pulled .5 quicker than me and I ran 13.91 @101.7 on a 2.2 60'

mustangGT04

Established Member
mineralgrey01gt said:
i guess what they say is true, every .1 off the 60' is .2 at the big end because compared to mine you pulled .5 quicker than me and I ran 13.91 @101.7 on a 2.2 60'

I guess thats true

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Has he been for a ride in your cobra and he wants to keep the gt..lol

The only bolt on i would do to that gt is a s/c..

Users who are viewing this thread