SOLD: 03 Mustang Terminator for sale (Mechanic Special)

glenlackey2

I have an 2003 Terminator for sale. Currently starts but spits out smoke within 10 sec. I already paid $7,300 with Ryan at R&S Performance to remove and replace the cylinder head gaskets. The Termi did not make the drive home. Ryan would not honor his warranty and after it sat at his shop in Buda, Tx. for over 3 months had it towed home. I bought the Termi for $40,000 just 2 years ago. Below is a list of things done to it by previous owner. I have only done an alignment during its time with me. It ran great before. Milage 57,296. My son (a mechanic) thinks that might be a click or two off on its timing. Unfortunately I can not afford to pay to fix it again and must sell it at a price just to pay off the remaining loan balance. Asking $26,000 firm. Otherwise it will sit awhile until I one year I can fix it. Things done by previous owner in one of the pics. Mechanic's compression test also in pic. Hard to read but that is a 170 on Cylinder 8. 6 & 7 are the worst.

Username: glenlackey2
Glen Lackey
512-650-5537
Liberty Hill, TX.

Attachments

• Termi - Dr Side Iso.jpg
    Termi - Dr Side Iso.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 886
  • Termi - Pass Side Iso.jpg
    Termi - Pass Side Iso.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 751
  • Termi - Pass Side View.jpg
    Termi - Pass Side View.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 706
  • Termi - Rear End.jpg
    Termi - Rear End.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 729
  • Things Done.jpg
    Things Done.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 735
  • Compresion Test.JPG
    Compresion Test.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 731
  • Driver Side Interior.JPG
    Driver Side Interior.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 734
  • Engine Bay.JPG
    Engine Bay.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 641
  • Gauge Milage.JPG
    Gauge Milage.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 655
  • Proof of Lift.JPG
    Proof of Lift.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:

patc84

Established Member
note card- your user name and todays date, put somewhere on the car, take a pic and post it up in this thread.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Im sorry but I am not understanding what you mean.
As mentioned above, a note with your name, username and date sitting on your computer table doesn't count. Has to be on the car.

Also, what's up with the pictures of pictures? Interior and engine pics look like you took them with your camera off a computer monitor. Those particular pictures are very grainy.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Miles? Also, i cant tell if its the pics but the drivers side rear wheel looks bent.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I see it too. Must be the Dukes of Hazard addition. Price just went up LMAO!!!

I like the color and paint looks really good in the pictures. I would prefer it with CCW's anyway, so I would change the wheels anyway.

Last edited:

glenlackey2

As mentioned above, a note with your name, username and date sitting on your computer table doesn't count. Has to be on the car.

Also, what's up with the pictures of pictures? Interior and engine pics look like you took them with your camera off a computer monitor. Those particular pictures are very grainy.
I updated everything. Thanks.

glenlackey2

Miles? Also, i cant tell if its the pics but the drivers side rear wheel looks bent.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
You're right, the back driver wheel is slightly bent. I have no idea when that happen. I guess a joy ride by the previous mechanic went bad. It was not like that when I dropped it off. When it rains it pours.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You should try and do a leak down check on those two cylinders to pinpoint what the issue is. I would want to know prior to throwing 26K at something.

Figure long block. The $7,300 for gaskets isn't the whole story.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Figure long block. The $7,300 for gaskets isn't the whole story.
Possible the rings are fried, but with it being two adjacent cylinders I would suspect a head gasket failure but I would want to get a leak down check to be 100% sure where the compression is leaking to.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Possible the rings are fried, but with it being two adjacent cylinders I would suspect a head gasket failure but I would want to get a leak down check to be 100% sure where the compression is leaking to.

The car is blowing smoke after he had the gaskets replaced, hence the mechanic special sale.

I wish him well, but he is asking strong money what has been presented.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
The car is blowing smoke after he had the gaskets replaced, hence the mechanic special sale.

I wish him well, but he is asking strong money what has been presented.
I know it's blowing smoke, I read the post. I was giving a little advice so it would help the guy out. I hate that he got screwed over by a shop, real shame.

Users who are viewing this thread