03 on hold, it's true.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I called the VOPC and checked on my car and when they asked me for my name I gave them only my first name. The lady was very friendly. She said my car was built and sitting on the lot and that there is a quality hold. I called SVT and they talked like this was expected. They said we should see them showing up on lots the first couple of weeks of June. Mine was a Priority 10 order so I predict mine to be delivered the week on June 3 I hope.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
There is a post on BON that said he spotted a yellow coupe running around. He didn't specify if it was a demo or not. I doubt there are any out. I'd rather they be right before I get one anyway or close to it. It'll be here before we know it :D .

YOUL LUZ

Established Member
I got off the phone w/ my salesman and he said nothing of a "hold". I asked him 2 times about it.. What did happen is my ETA changed form 5/27/02 to 6/3/02.. not a big deal i guess

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
The QA folks collective ass is in the wringer if they don't get them right, the first time.

It is a 2003 model...It's not even June... That's what I keep telling myself. :shrug:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Whenever Ford puts something out that is new they always hold some of the cars. It is to prevent massive recalls. Yes your car might be on "hold" but it doesn't mean they are all on hold. If she said "storage" then there is a problem. But I don't see any hold-ups on my end.

BTW is this just another post trying to get peeps all out of sorts with the cobra? I mean let's start looking for the positive and not the negative.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
tommylightning, I don't know why you say that. I wasn't trying to get a rise or unsettle anybody. I wasn't trying to be negative. In fact, I was trying to find out if my 03 was going to be here this week and that others with 5/20 dates would know not to get to hopeful. I felt kind of bad/stupid for responding to an earlier post that I doubted his post on the delay for fitment problems. Sometimes reality can be negative. Cut me some slack dude.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Thanks dude. I'm pretty patient. Gives me more time to save more money and another month without a car payment :rolling:. I have no problem with Ford getting it right the first time. It'll pay off with less warranty returns.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
Thanks dude. I'm pretty patient. Gives me more time to save more money and another month without a car payment :rolling:. I have no problem with Ford getting it right the first time. It'll pay off with less warranty returns.
werd.:bored:

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
I called SVT last night and what I was told was:

1. They are keeping cars at the plant until they get enough to constitiute at valid sample size for quality assurance.

That's all I needed to hear, as my major in college (both undergrad and graduate school) was statistics (in the business school) - Management Science. I can understand that if they are only cranking out 40 cobras a day that they need to have about 5 - 6 hundred cars to be sure that all defects 99.87% has been achieved.

Bottom line from SVT: I asked when they would ship to dealers, he said by the end of the month...

:read:

Cobra'03

Established Member
Do they protect the horizontal surfaces (bumpers, hood, roof, trunk) with plastic to protect against acid rain and sun etching of paint?

Rob03

Established Member
Nope...they actually take all of that off, plus roll down the windows and open the hood and trunk...then leave it until it's ready to be checked...by then it will be free from the new car smell.....................j/k...:bash:

Don't know for sure...but I'm sure they take some precautions..

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Yellow Horse
tommylightning, what does "werd" mean?
werd.gif

Weasel

Established Member
My dealer called me today to tell me that he has a VIN for my coupe and a date of 5/21 (today...a moment of prayer). I should see the car the first week of June. He also told me that there are no financing incentives for the SVT products, so the rate will be around 7% or so. So, good news; bad news.

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Will somebody tell me what "werd" is supposed to mean since I can't get a straight answer from the post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread