03 on hold, it's true.

nsreed

Established Member
Ford double talk

:burn:
It would be nice to just get an open and real answer. My car was built on May 13th. The plant is 65 miles away. Now the promised delivery of May 21st is "MAYBE" the week of June 6th.
Makes you wonder what other troubles will arise with these cars after we get them. Especially in light of the Blue Ovals 2001 Cobra intro

C_Record

Established Member
>>Makes you wonder what other troubles will arise with these cars after we get them<<

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by rcogs
>>Makes you wonder what other troubles will arise with these cars after we get them<<

No need to worry Rick. Lets all take a deep breath and be thankful they are good enough to do these quality checks. Just think, they could have shipped them and let us deal with it...which would you want....Believe me, I don't like the fact that there may be a quality problem right out of the box, but let's give them a chance to prove to us they can get it right before we cry wolf, or that the sky is falling...JMO

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

C_Record

Established Member
>>Just think, they could have shipped them and let us deal with it<<
That's true Robert. Which is why I'll be getting mine late first run. My dealer still hasn't placed the order for their allocation, though any day now. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm in no hurry, just want mine delivered right(let them practice on a few hundred first:))

Rob03

Established Member
>>Just think, they could have shipped them and let us deal with it<<
That's true Robert. Which is why I'll be getting mine late first run. My dealer still hasn't placed the order for their allocation, though any day now. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm in no hurry, just want mine delivered right(let them practice on a few hundred first:))

LOL...agreed...What dealer did you order yours from? Just curious...

Robert

C_Record

Established Member
>>LOL...agreed...What dealer did you order yours from? Just curious... <<

Cowles Ford. Just got off the phone with my salesman. I think their orders were already put in but he can delete the spoiler on the black coupe. I said no hurry, but he's putting a 10 on it anyway.

mineral03

Established Member
Man, im starting to get a little worried. First, my car was suppsed to be built the week of the 6th... on the 12th, i called my dealer, and he said it had been built... cool. Then, on the 15th, i called the VOPC, and they told me it was supposed to be built that week, the week of the 13th... ok, a little later than i thought, but no big deal. I guess the dealer thought that "bucked" meant it was built. So, i call my dealer on the 20th, and he again says iit was built...hmmm... i think ill find out for myself. So i call the VOPC again, and they say it STILL hasnt been built. She said, that my car was due to be built anytime, but it keeps getting pushed back, because they dont have a place to squeez it in. So, as of today 5/22, my car MIGHT be built sometime this month, and even thats a big maybe. The VOPC had no ETA on build date, or delivery date. This blows...i got all pumped thinkin my car was gonna be here sometime this month, and it looks like it might not even be built this month, let alone delivered this month. So, it looks like alot of people will have their cars alot sooner than me. so, whoever gets theres first, post on here how great it is, so i ahve some motivation!!!!

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
You guys have gotta be patient.

Ford is doing something it hasn't done in a while...... It is taking the time to make sure that each and every one of your cars is done right. I think that these cars will be worth the wait.

Just be patient.....

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Ford is trying very hard to produce a quality product the first time and prevent a recurrence of the 1999 Cobra fiasco. But I still wonder, the SVT Focus has also been delayed twice (once for QA and again for a sticking throttle) and now production is halted due to some unknown "emissions" issue. We aren't the only ones waiting on Ford to build/ship our cars.

However, I do have to take issue with Ford regarding the QA issue. Ford should have built the first 500 cars (you know they will sell every single one they can produce!) and handled all the QA before dealers started taking orders and promising delivery dates. Nothing is worse than setting an expectation with consumers and then not delivering, (Ford has done that too often in the very recent past). Ford would have been better off to delay production rather than delivering false promises and not our cars. Just my $.02...waiting patiently for my Sonic Blue Cobra to be built....:bored:

Rob03

Established Member
>>LOL...agreed...What dealer did you order yours from? Just curious... <<

Cowles Ford. Just got off the phone with my salesman. I think their orders were already put in but he can delete the spoiler on the black coupe. I said no hurry, but he's putting a 10 on it anyway.

Since I already have a good relationship with Ted Britt I stuck with them.

Robert

SVTFinally

Established Member
Might be on hold - but I gots my VIN!!!

I know nothing of any holds - I just has a VIN!!

my name says it all: SVTFinally.....I've wanted one for decades....then the wife says order one.....

goota love her.....

I can wait a few weeks for delivery......

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah well some of us Ordered back in February...

Jeez, this guy reminds me of those perky Cheerleaders from high school that you just wanted to .... (well you know), but you didn't want to hear her talk... lol.

Just kidding... we are all just grouchy here so don't try to cheer us up. We all want to stay grouchy till we light up the tires leaving our dealers' lots...

:burnout:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
2 things.. DAMN, don't you guys have any patience.. I ordered my Cobra on 7 Feb(actually submitted the paperwork to the dealer on 2 Feb) and I'll be waiting to get it till this fall, since I want the chrome rims on it, from the factory..

I KNOW the SVT Focus is already in customers hands, since the dealer I ordered my Cobra from has already delivered 1 SVT Focus, and another SVT dealer here has a silver SVT Focus on the carlot..

The 03 Cobra is basically a brand new car, being built by people who care about cars, and performance. They want them to be as perfect as possible, so are taking their time making sure that everything is right on them.. This also happened with the 03 Expedition.. YOU WILL GET YOUR COBRAS.. HAVE PATIENCE

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Wow dude where do you work,

I wish I worked for you...

In my world everyone expects you to hit deadlines, even dumbass ones thought up by Managers(see Dilbert for definition of Managers) and Sales and Marketing types...

Or maybe your a Doctor and you think that "sometime this morning" works for everyone...

Thanks for sharing...

Yellow Horse

Established Member
There is a post on BON by a Ford employee and he said all built Cobras will be shipped this week. My delivery was the week of 5/20 so it is only past due one working day as of today. That's not too bad especially if it arrives this Friday in W. NC or ealry next week. Nobody ordered an 03 in February. You put a deposit down in February, but they weren't ordered until April. I know it's hard to be patient but Ford isn't missing the deadline by that much.

mineral03

Established Member
Talked to the VOPC again today, my build date of 5/13 has been pushed back to 6/3, with delivery probably 2-3 weeks after that...at least now i have an approximate build date...last week it was "maybe in a few weeks". Im not that dissappointed in the wait, gives me more time to save. Id rather spend my $35k on i car i KNOW is right anyway... JUST BUILD IT RIGHT FORD!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread