03 Owners with Rear Seat Delete....chime in

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Damn John & his endless list of mods :D

Why not make a home kit??? If no one is going to sit inside the car im sure you can find some light material & carpet.

Im sure its only time u will invest vs 135.00 is it?

Steel City

Banned
For you guys that have already installed your seat delet kits. Did you need to retain any of the factory nuts, bolts and bracketry from the existing set up?

Black306

Established Member
Originally posted by Young_Stallion
Black306...which kit is that? The pic I posted is from YMR and I think your's looks better in color.
Unfortunately, its not a kit. I had it custom made by a local shop. It uses a very similar material to what you find in the trunk rather than carpet (which most kits use).

stangfreak

Established Member
kevin, thats a nice clean setup you got there. how much weight did you save from the rear seat delete and replacing the front seats with racing seats?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i like the YMR one with the dual flip up sections. does anyone know if they will do custom jobs? check this one out...

id like a nice COBRA...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Damn John & his endless list of mods
I try to contribute whenever I can :thumbsup:

For you guys that have already installed your seat delet kits. Did you need to retain any of the factory nuts, bolts and bracketry from the existing set up?
not that I know off. There might have been one or two bolts that I decided to leave on after I took off the bracket just so I didn't lose them (in case I ever put the seats back in) but pretty much, you can just take everything out. I wouldn't get rid of the bracket and stuff, just in case you ever want the stuff back in.

kevin, thats a nice clean setup you got there. how much weight did you save from the rear seat delete and replacing the front seats with racing seats?
Honestly, I don't really know. Sorry man.

i like the YMR one with the dual flip up sections. does anyone know if they will do custom jobs? check this one out...
that looks fake to me. . . .

Young_Stallion

SNSTRSNK
Established Member
That one with the pony is REAL. I saw a whole how to on it yesterday.

It would look better if the carpet was over top of it rather then that vinyl or whatever the hell it is.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
hey kevin what seats are those? they look ***ing great. could you email me more pictures? [email protected], that looks great, where did u buy your harnesses

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
thanks man, they are Recaro SPORT seats. Same ones in the 00 CobraR.

I got them from On Track Performance, I forgot which website I got the belts from though and I can't seem to find the receit, try sending Sambandit a PM, I think he was the one who showed me where to get them.

Here is a link to the seats:
http://www.recaro-seats.com/recaro_sport.htm

kaos

Established Member
Can you keep the seat belts in and in an extreme emergency let someone ride in the back? Let's say I'm with my girlfriend and my friend has been shot. Could I throw him in the back without breaking the rear seat delete kit? I would have him throw on the seat belt too because I would want him to be safe.

I know it's an extreme example, but humor me. I just noticed some rear seat deletes and the seatbelts were still there.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Cant use the rear belts unless you cut holes in the RSD. It's pretty thin wood and it will probably break if someone sits on it, but in a life or death situation, it's not that expensive to replace.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Even putting my laptop on the RSD causes it to deform to the point of almost breaking.
It isn't meant to do anything but make the area look good. Period.
You could certainly reinforce it, but then you are adding weight and defeating the original purpose of the kit.

Dana

drkchk03svt

Established Member
Originally posted by Young_Stallion
That one with the pony is REAL. I saw a whole how to on it yesterday.

It would look better if the carpet was over top of it rather then that vinyl or whatever the hell it is.

Did you ever say who made your seat delete? Yours is the cleanest by far!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
This is the "The Motor Company" rear seat delete kit with sound deadening material option installed in my car:

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread