03 pricing question

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Obviously everyone can't wait for their 2003's that were fortunate to have ordered one........
No VIN or build date
but I can wait for the Payments....
:shrug:
How much for the vert ($39K) will you guys put down ??
and then how many years will most of you do ?
And what monthly payments for a 5 year (buy option) ?
TIA

CWCobra

Established Member
Just as an example, with an out the door price of $42,000 (that includes tax, tag, title, etc), and with $12,000 down, that means you would finance $30,000. At an interest rate of 7%, that amounts to $594.04 per month for 5 years. A better way might be to get a home equity loan, (if you are able to do that) so that interest is tax deductible. Rates on H/E loans are way less than 7%, too!
Later,
CW

haskett

Established Member
Shop around on interest rates. I got 5.375% from my credit union for a 5-year note. My Ford dealer is talking about meeting or beating my credit union.

Cat Breath

Established Member
I'll be putting down some cash and financing $29K. Over 6 years at 7.25% that's $500/mo. My credit union is offering 7.25% for fixed and 6.25 for variable interest rate atm. 5.35%?? Damn that's low.

Berad001

Banned
depending on the state a gas guzzler tax of 2k might be an issue, it was for me. Also if you cant find a cobra for MSRP wait till you can!

haskett

Established Member
The gas guzzler tax is a federal tax, not a state tax, so every Cobra will have it. Also, Ford has included the tax in MSRP, so you don't have to add it on top of the price. For example, the base MSRP price of $34,750 for a coupe includes gas guzzler.

Users who are viewing this thread