03 Production Back on line as of 11/11

krman68

Established Member
I have been anxiously awaiting the delivery of my 03 and I spoke to SVT today (11/14)

According to the Cust Rep, the 03 Cobras have been back in production since Monday 11/11. I confirmed that build dates are about 4 weeks late. He stated that they were running extra shift for the first few days but have returned to regular scheduling . From this I guess build/deliveries should be about 1 month behind original expectations

Signed,
One anxious owner
Jack

Gumball

Established Member
When you say you confirmed build dates being delayed 4 weeks, what exactly do you mean. I've supposedly got (according to VOPC) a "locked in build week of 11/18, w/ dealer eta of 12/2". Did you have some type of build info on your car that the service rep confirmed had been moved? Any details would be great. Thanks

krman68

Established Member
I didn't specifically confirm a new build datew but the rep said that the scheduled build dates are pushed back about 1 month. My original build date was 10/28 - now my dealer says its 12/02/02.

SonterraSVT

10thAnniversary SVT Cobra
Established Member
I got my VIN today, but no build Date...I wonder what it will be?

Gumball

Established Member
Krman68, I think the info the rep gave you is a little old. Your 10/28 date is what is leading me to that conclusion. Back in October when Ford put things on hold, everyones dates in that range went haywire. I had a build date in every week of October. Now I have a build week of next week (11/18) w/ a 12/2 dealer eta...we'll see!!

Sonterra, I'd love to give you my time line from vin to build week but mine came out just before the prod. hold. Originally got my vin in September. As I remember, it seemed like VOPC changed soon after to giving me build weeks. I may have that ass-backward...it's been a while ya know. One thing for sure, my dealer said getting a vin was significant as far as ford was concerned. Good Luck

krman68

Established Member
You are probably right, Gumball, my build date was told to me way back in Sept. When I heard about the stoppage on Oct 29th, our dealer called to tell us that the build date will most likely be 12/02 but could be later.

I'm just trying to stay hopeful. I was told though by the dealer that my car would be built before the holiday stoppage in December. I'm just hoping to get it asap.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread