03 pullied Cobra vs C6Z

Hookem

Established Member
So I was headed home from a club in downtown Dallas. As I was getting on the freeway, I just so happen to get right next to a black C6Z:eek:. I noticed the fat ass with very dark tinted windows that was barely doing the speed limit. I was very intimidated, but curious to see what I could do against one of these beast. I passed it ever so slightly to see if it would jump, but didn't, so I figured it was an older gentleman that didn't want to play. We practically passed each other back and forth around the speed limit for about 15 miles. Once we got out of the outskirts of Dallas where there was less traffic (and no cops), I decided to make the move. I dropped it in 3rd about 60mph and punched it to a car length ahead, then I let off, and here it came right up next to me:eek:. We were side by side and took off at the same time, I pulled a bumper on it, then shifted to 4th. We were then door to door all the way up to 140mph, then we let off for traffic. I put my window down to give thumbs up and when THEY put their window down, I saw that it was a CHICK driving(hot chick at that) with a dude in the passanger seat, both yelling "hell yeah"! That was fun. I believe she started in 4th and raced the whole way, however, I do not claim my car is just as fast as a C6Z....it WAS a FUN RUN.

Zentenk

Established Member
Sweet! I saw a pretty hot woman driving a black C6 Z06 one day... sitting at a light on the right side turning to go the opposite direction I was. =( I see another woman driving a GT500 around here. I don't know if she is hot but she is at least in her 40's. Maybe she is a cougar? =D

Boostinator

www.UltimateAutoPortal.co
Established Member
Good Kill. :rockon:

Thought it sounded like she was in 4th.....Cool that you honest and know cars good enough to have that knowledge.

I'm from Dallas too. How long have you had the termy?

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Good Kill. :rockon:

Thought it sounded like she was in 4th.....Cool that you honest and know cars good enough to have that knowledge.

I'm from Dallas too. How long have you had the termy?

+1 Good kill and im glad you didn't try to act like your car runs with c6z's.:beer:

res0n0xg

Established Member
I'm from Dallas too, you took it up to 140 mph on 75? Were you on Dallas pkwy?

I'm wayyyyy to leary to do that around Dallas, some of the access roads can be had for good runs but state troopers are all over the tollroads around here.

AaronK

Established Member
So I was headed home from a club in downtown Dallas. As I was getting on the freeway, I just so happen to get right next to a black C6Z:eek:. I noticed the fat ass with very dark tinted windows that was barely doing the speed limit. I was very intimidated, but curious to see what I could do against one of these beast. I passed it ever so slightly to see if it would jump, but didn't, so I figured it was an older gentleman that didn't want to play. We practically passed each other back and forth around the speed limit for about 15 miles. Once we got out of the outskirts of Dallas where there was less traffic (and no cops), I decided to make the move. I dropped it in 3rd about 60mph and punched it to a car length ahead, then I let off, and here it came right up next to me:eek:. We were side by side and took off at the same time, I pulled a bumper on it, then shifted to 4th. We were then door to door all the way up to 140mph, then we let off for traffic. I put my window down to give thumbs up and when THEY put their window down, I saw that it was a CHICK driving(hot chick at that) with a dude in the passanger seat, both yelling "hell yeah"! That was fun. I believe she started in 4th and raced the whole way, however, I do not claim my car is just as fast as a C6Z....it WAS a FUN RUN.

Good kill. Sounds like you have a strong running Cobra. Let me know if you'd like to run sometime :beer: What do you have done to your Cobra?

Last edited:

Hookem

Established Member

I'm wayyyyy to leary to do that around Dallas, some of the access roads can be had for good runs but state troopers are all over the tollroads around here.

It was on 35E headed towards Denton, it was on a stretch of highway just before Lake Lewisville bridge that cops normally aren't seen.

Hookem

Established Member
Good kill. Sounds like you have a strong running Cobra. Let me know if you'd like to run sometime :beer: What do you have done to your Cobra?

I drive my car pretty much conservative unless I just run into something interesting. I don't just go meet people to race. My mods are a 2.76 pulley, CAI, high flow cats, Borla CB, full length welded SF connectors, and 315 dr's. And I do have a big speaker box in the trunk. I'll have a whipple or KB by spring.

415ZR1

Established Member
I grew up in Dallas and used to run on the George Bush Tollway at really high speeds in my ZR-1. We called it the Mexican test track.

Then the fast and furious movies came out and ruined it for everybody. After that movie everyone wanted to come out in thier cars. It was like running a NASCAR race. Soon thereafter the cops started really cracking down.
There are some cool you tubes with us runnig at over 180.

We would do it on a week night at about 3:00am in the morning with no traffic. There would be about 5 of us out there at one time. Great road for high speeds, flat, 5 lanes wide with walls on both sides to keep critters out of the road.
We would run spotters ahead and behind us. We have been lit up a time or two but at those speeds you just keep going. Motorola isn't that fast.

I bet if you plan it out well on a weeknight you can stil get some good runs in. You have to do it in small groups.

Sorry for the hijack, sounds like a good run.

Last edited:

jumbojet

Established Member
Nice run! C6Z's are wicked!

415 cube LT5=200+MPH..sweetest motor in a GM car ever IMO(mercury marine)..sounds amazing at WOT

Must being fun watching your C5Z hit a wall at 171MPH and just drive by in the old C4 :)

Users who are viewing this thread