03 Slowbra v. 2007 911 Turbo

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Obviously this is dream and never really happened. ;-)

I was on my way home, two lane road, and approach a group of cars just starting off from a red light. “Looks like a 911 Turbo” I think to myself as I’m nearing the pack. Turns out it was a 2007 911 Turbo (silver). I roll by in second and give the gas a little blurp, the rear side steps a bit. The driver immediately takes notice (It may be a go :D ). We both end up making a right (I planned on following him in hopes of an open road anyway). Still behind him, he nails it, I follow. The quick punch was just enough for me to know he was really serious. We both pull up to the front of a lefty, 3 lanes wide with one car in the middle. He stops about one car behind the cross walk so I do the same. When I look over he give a thumbs up and a nod (big smile). Thank heaven. When the light turns we both make the left turn slowly. Lined up on the straight, I wait for him to go. He does. He gets about a half a car from the jump. At about 1/8th of a mile I had 4 cars easy and was still pulling.

We both braked and he switch to the middle lane and rolled down his window.

Him: “What do you have in that thing?”
Me: “iunwsdi9uncferouvnbeion” (could be anything right? It was a dream.)

The slowbra reeked of burnt clutch after the encounter. (stock clutch)

Cool guy, using a truly awesome car in the way it was designed. :beer:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
captain4g63 said:
Obviously this is dream and never really happened. ;-)

I was on my way home, two lane road, and approach a group of cars just starting off from a red light. “Looks like a 911 Turbo” I think to myself as I’m nearing the pack.

Damn, I never have those kinds of dreams.

Usually they're just about having threesomes with hot blondes sporting big boobs and meaty growlers.

Nice kill!! :-D

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Dam man that's awesome. According to road and track, I think that was the mag, the new turbo porsce ran door to door with the stock c6 z 0 to 150. Very impressive. Anyways good kill.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Thanks guys. Oddly, one week later I ran into an older 997 turbo(2004?), very similar outcome. The older one seemed to hang better though, maybe the driver(or simple mods). The guy was surprised to say the least.

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
Some very fast cars... Even the 996 Turbo's are very fast, I think treynor has bought one the last time i asked... He should have it by now.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
SVTCOBRAKID said:
Dam man that's awesome. According to road and track, I think that was the mag, the new turbo porsce ran door to door with the stock c6 z 0 to 150. Very impressive. Anyways good kill.
You sure?

I'm not doubting the Porsche, ok actually I am. But the C6 Z06 has been clocked as 7.x seconds to 100mph. I've never seen or heard of a 911 getting anywhere near that.

Even the Ruf Porsches would probably struggle and some of them are insane.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
captain4g63 said:
Thanks guys. Oddly, one week later I ran into an older 997 turbo(2004?), very similar outcome. The older one seemed to hang better though, maybe the driver(or simple mods). The guy was surprised to say the least.

the 996tt is the older turbo. the 997tt is the brand new porsche turbo. the first year for the 997tt is 2007. the 997tt is a little lighter and more powerful than the 996tt. the one you want to look out for is the 996 gt2. still the most powerful turbo porsche has built.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the 996tt is the older turbo. the 997tt is the brand new porsche turbo. the first year for the 997tt is 2007. the 997tt is a little lighter and more powerful than the 996tt. the one you want to look out for is the 996 gt2. still the most powerful turbo porsche has built.

Got it, thanks for the info.

StangJason

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
You sure?

I'm not doubting the Porsche, ok actually I am. But the C6 Z06 has been clocked as 7.x seconds to 100mph. I've never seen or heard of a 911 getting anywhere near that.

No he's talking about real life times not your overinflated imaginary internet times like the ones you can get from Hot Rod aka Chevy Magazine.

openaccount

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:
You sure?

So the quickest trap speed for a z06 in the 1/4 is what 127? at 11.2 secs? So by your times, its MAX 7.9secs to 100 then over 3 sec to go 27 more mph????? I would think cars clocking in the 7's to 100 are pulling 140+ trap.

And yes the new 911 turbo runs right with the z06 In all aspects so you can stop doubting, look for vids proving this soon. stock vs stock.

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
StangJason said:
No he's talking about real life times not your overinflated imaginary internet times like the ones you can get from Hot Rod aka Chevy Magazine.
If you have nothing intelligent to say to me, please sod off - ignore list!

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
openaccount said:
So the quickest trap speed for a z06 in the 1/4 is what 127? at 11.2 secs? So by your times, its MAX 7.9secs to 100 then over 3 sec to go 27 more mph????? I would think cars clocking in the 7's to 100 are pulling 140+ trap.
I have no idea, but speed based timing and distance based timings often appear to look like a variation. But it's just how it pans out.

There are several other cars which run low/mid 8's 0-100mph, they won't trap as high as 127mph in the 1/4 but they still trap high. Such as the TVR Sagaris and Noble M12 GTR. Remember as speed increases accelaration decreases.

I mean following your logic, a Cobra can pull a 12.7 @ 112mph, but do you really think it can accelarate to 150mph from rest in only 17 seconds?

Anyhow here's a listing of from two sources with times in the mid/high 7's 0-100mph. http://www.z06zone.com/c6z06-performance.php

But believe what you want, it matters not to me. :rollseyes

openaccount said:
And yes the new 911 turbo runs right with the z06 In all aspects so you can stop doubting, look for vids proving this soon. stock vs stock.
Please............

I asked a QUESTION, now either answer it, post link or vid or some stats. But don't post hear-say and garbage. :loser:

Come on hit me with some facts! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread